Ladies...lets talk period calorie intake

Options
so do yall find it a lot harder to stay on track with your calories during that time of month? I think it's a universal thing for women, so what do you do to keep it under control?

Replies

• Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    For me.. Not really, no.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I eat the same amount as the rest of the month.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I am a woman and I don't experience it. It may be common, but it isn't universal.

• jgrabowski33
    jgrabowski33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a lot during, but with a little self control and determination I don't mind sticking to my calorie goal while on my period. After eating well for a while I rarely crave anything bad, but I still love chocolate occasionally. For me it was about putting my goal before my cravings, or finding a way to fit them into my calories. Committing to continuing to workout during my period helps a lot too- I don't want that workout to go to waste!
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    nah, I'm good. I just get really hungry the day after deadlifts is all.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to my goal and exercise normally.
    I have observed over the past 6 months of logging that I may eat 100-200 calories more than normal on one day during my period. That is not really a problem.
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    For me it's usually the day or two before that I'm ravenous. I just eat. Exercise. It all balances out in the end.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    For me it's one week before. I typically have a couple days when I'm ravenous and can easily eat over 3000 calories... No issue at all once my period actually starts.
  • smileysarah66
    smileysarah66 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have really bad cravings for sweet sugary things and CHOCOLATE is at the top of the list but I remain strong and try my hardest to stay in my limit. :)
  • bewarethedog
    bewarethedog Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I eat the same as every other week of the month. It's maybe a bit harder to have self control than usual, but i'm done making excuses for overeating. The cravings will pass whether I eat them or not.
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    yes i have terrible cravings as well. I notice them a few days before it happens. I tend to eat any and everything which really sucks. When my period arrives, I no longer feel like eating since I now have to deal with stomach aches and lose my appetite. I guess it balances off pretty well, because I am at a deficit once it arrives. I always use to wonder how we women work out with our cycles. I tried it and it actually is not bad at all. I actually feel less cramping and bloating after the workouts. To me if I don't work out on those days they go to waste, and it gets you lazy to get back on the band wagon...just my thoughts....
  • mrsdcsmithiv
    mrsdcsmithiv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    For me it's one week before. I typically have a couple days when I'm ravenous and can easily eat over 3000 calories... No issue at all once my period actually starts.

I'm the same way!!
  • Amylynnf1984
    Amylynnf1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sugar, i crave sugar big time. Then i eat some and then feel terrible!!! I need to learn to stay away all together. I have only lost 27 lbs so far and my goal was to be to 30 by the end of the week but now the scale says im 4 up. I know it has to do with my period but i get discouraged when i see that and then feel discouraged. Even when i dont let the sweets win me over my period i still easily gain 4 lbs from retaining fluids. Really really sucks. I just need to remain strong and not give into them cravings!!!
  • cici8912
    cici8912 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yep, same here....
    Francl27 wrote: »

I'm the same way!!

• jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    When I first started out, it was rough, but now I crave healthy foods during that time. The worst it will make me do is binge on fruit, cheese, dark chocolate, pumpkin seeds, and green smoothies, so nothing terrible. I think working out and eating well have curbed my crazy PMS/PMDD stuff significantly. Still working on the emotional side of things, because PMDD is such a cluster to deal with. It's getting better, though.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I just eat a few Hershey kisses and log them within my calorie budget. Seems to do the trick.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm due on my period. I just scoffed a small Easter egg. But it was in my calories so who cares. Ha ha
  • DearestWinter
    DearestWinter Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I generally stay around my calorie goal. I might have a day or two where I eat 100-200 extra calories but it's still below maintenance.
  • winterWind341
    winterWind341 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I usually don't have problems with cravings during tom but the last time I went on a terrible binge. Never again. I felt so bad after it was over and i was bloated for a week. Let's not mention the extra 4 lbs i put on (and took them off soon after but still).