newww mom, tryin to lose weight!!! I need help

Options
I had my son a yr ago and still haven't lost any of the weight from my pregnancy...50 lbss!!!! Eww idk where to start at so I'm hoping this helps! Any encouragement email me amberschrom@ymail.com...tips and advice :)

Replies

• cdun87
    cdun87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    just try and make small changes. Try and eat at least one healthy meal a day if you eat unhealthy. substitute your drinks for at least two meals with water. Water works wonders. :) If you dont work out much. Ive just started doing 45 min a day and it really does help. Even if its just 30 min of cardio and 15 min of strength training ( like lunges,squats, crunches).
  • beautifulone14
    beautifulone14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Start by going for walks, either in your neighborhood or local park. You can also start changing your diet, add more fruits and vegetables and drink water (half your weight). Give yourself some short term goals, so that you can feel some accomplishments. Just take one day at a time, it is a battle but with determination and focus, you can do it!! I hope that helps.
  • rok1969
    rok1969 Posts: 1
    Options
    With 2 out of my 3 children I didn't lose the weight until 18 months after they were born. There are so many changes you've gone through, especially if this is your first child. You don't mention whether you are still breastfeeding but that is what really stalled my weight loss. Also, consider other factors like whether or not you are working or not. Sometimes being at home with a fridge full of food doesn't help. Using the tools on mfp should really help keep track of what/how much you are eating but keeping a journal to keep track of your feelings could be useful, too. Don't get discouraged, stay in touch with people who can relate, join a mothers group if you're staying at home. Good luck and don't give up!