Nature box vs graze box

Options
Hi there I am interested in trying Nature box or Graze box. Wondering if any of you have tried them and what you thought? would love any feedback, Thanks ;)

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Graze box is expensive for what you get, you pay for convenience and the MLM scheme.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am a subscriber with graze. I really like that they send me an interesting assortment of individual snacks. I'm not tempted to eat more than a serving since they're individually packaged and they have a decent shelf life so I can store them in my desk at work.

• MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    My 1st Graze shipment should be coming shortly. Cant wait to try it.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I get a graze box twice a week. It does mean my snacks work out about £1 a day but Id spend that on chocolate or pop easily in the past so it all balances out. It gives me something to look forward to
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    you pay for convenience and the MLM scheme.

MLM doesn't mean what you think it means.

That aside: yes, it is expensive for what you get. I enjoy getting it every other week, as it's a convenient and fun treat to have in the office for when I want a snack. Nature Box is good too, but I have an uncanny ability to eat an entire bag of Nature Box goodies and like the built in calorie control of Graze :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like both, but Naturebox was just too much food for one person, so I canceled after a couple months and I still have some of the bags. I stick to Graze now. Yes it's not cheap, but the snacks are delicious, and flavors I would never be able to replicate myself if I tried (I just made sure to say that I didn't want the plain stuff you can find anywhere).
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

I'm impressed that you know what I think. Or maybe not. It was shorthand - I know it's a single level marketing scheme. I foresee a deluge of referral codes and recommendations from vested interests ;-)
  • shawnakelsey
    shawnakelsey Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I think i'm going to give Graze box a try!
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I like both, but Naturebox was just too much food for one person, so I canceled after a couple months and I still have some of the bags. I stick to Graze now. Yes it's not cheap, but the snacks are delicious, and flavors I would never be able to replicate myself if I tried (I just made sure to say that I didn't want the plain stuff you can find anywhere).

I completely agree with you. I had Naturebox for a couple of months but I had to just cancel it because I still have about 10 unopened packages still in my pantry I haven't touched. If you really like snacking then I would recommend it. But I guess I don't snack as much as I thought I did, so I'm stock piled...lol. But what I do have I found to be very delicious. Except the siracha rice crackers. Yes they were spicy, but just the texture was a bit off putting for my tastes.
  • kitkatkarr
    kitkatkarr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have never tried nature box but it sounds yummy.

I have however gotten my free box from Graze. After going on this weight loss journey, I've come to enjoy small packaged snacks more and I savor it. My life is all a sudden a whole lot easier :P.

Graze give me coupons for one free box for first timers. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with them haha
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Loved my graze boxes.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Graze box is expensive for what you get, you pay for convenience and the MLM scheme.
    absolutely agree... tried the free box... bleh
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

I'm impressed that you know what I think. Or maybe not. It was shorthand - I know it's a single level marketing scheme. I foresee a deluge of referral codes and recommendations from vested interests ;-)
    lol exactly what these graze threads do.... give your code you get something free but then you pay...thus it's advertising... . someplace in MFP rules... think that's a no-no same as any other posting offering something to get you to buy something later........
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Nature/Graze/Snack boxes are an insane waste of money. Here's how to create your own:

-Ziplock bags
    -Food Scale
    -Variety of snacks like dried fruit, nuts, granola bars, granola, cereals (think oat clusters, honey clusters, etc.), baking chocolate (mini chocolate chips, chocolate chunks).

If you want to get fancy, look up fun ways to roast nuts/dry veggies/fruits yourself. It is super easy to make X Roasted Nuts, where X is cinnamon sugar, Chipotle BBQ, garlic parm, etc.

There are also other fun 'prepared' snacks you can mix in, like wasabi peas, yoghurt covered pretzels, kale chips, and the like.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Nature/Graze/Snack boxes are an insane waste of money. Here's how to create your own:

-Ziplock bags
    -Food Scale
    -Variety of snacks like dried fruit, nuts, granola bars, granola, cereals (think oat clusters, honey clusters, etc.), baking chocolate (mini chocolate chips, chocolate chunks).

If you want to get fancy, look up fun ways to roast nuts/dry veggies/fruits yourself. It is super easy to make X Roasted Nuts, where X is cinnamon sugar, Chipotle BBQ, garlic parm, etc.

There are also other fun 'prepared' snacks you can mix in, like wasabi peas, yoghurt covered pretzels, kale chips, and the like.

Way too much like hard work. I just about make the kids luchboxes. I will stick to paying someone else to mix it up for me. Doesnt work out much more than a bar of chocolate

• Francl27
    Options

-Ziplock bags
    -Food Scale

Way too much like hard work. I just about make the kids luchboxes. I will stick to paying someone else to mix it up for me. Doesnt work out much more than a bar of chocolate

Haha yes, and this way I don't have huge batches of nuts or whatnot that I'm not going to eat. Plus as I said, I'm nowhere as creative as they are when it comes to mixing flavors.

And the flapjacks? Even if I could make it myself, it would be a disaster, those things are way too delicious.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I just signed up for Graze, and am currently waiting for my free box to arrive. I doubt that I'll stick with it, because the snacks look like things I can and usually put together myself. Don't get me wrong; I think they offer an awesome service and interesting snacks, but an afternoon spent at Whole Foods or a farmer's market would be more budget-friendly. Still, it might be worth it. I'll find out soon.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have them sent to work. Cheaper than feeding 50p coins into the chocolate vending machines.

Of course it's cheaper to make your own. But that's not what they're selling.

I admit, I do sometimes steal their ideas for snack mixes and make my own, but at the end of the day they are tasty and convenient.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I just signed up for Graze, and am currently waiting for my free box to arrive. I doubt that I'll stick with it, because the snacks look like things I can and usually put together myself. Don't get me wrong; I think they offer an awesome service and interesting snacks, but an afternoon spent at Whole Foods or a famer's market would be more budget-friendly. Still, it might be worth it. I'll find out soon.

More budget friendly, yeah... but I opted out of the stuff I can find at the store. Now if I found a store that had those delicious chili honey cashews or flapjacks, I'd be all over it... but I haven't. A lot of snacks are made with mixed of nuts, fruit, yogurt drops, chocolate chips etc... which you could probably buy separately, but then you'd have to buy a lot of them and mix them up and I'm not sure how much cheaper it would be in the end. Plus I totally lack creativity to figure out good assortment of flavors... but I'm paying $10 for 8 snacks, which is hard to beat.
  • khloesdad0124
    khloesdad0124 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Exactly...with Naturebox you can also vary your cost based on how much you order and you can also alter your orders so that it's not a monthly thing but maybe every three months etc...I pay $20 every three months and I try new food that normally I wouldn't think to put together.