Headaches and thirsty!

Options
I've started eating more carefully, within calorie allowance to lose 2lb a week and walking more. I have noticed a week or so in that I am constantly thirsty and getting headaches. Why is this? I haven't changed my caffeine intake (2-4 cups of coffee a day) and don't drink fizzy drinks often. Any suggestions/explanations welcome as this is getting me down

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Have you had a physical?
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    You may be getting less water content if you cut down food intake. Are you dehydrated? I'm not sure what other explanations are, not a bad idea to see a doctor to make sure it's not a sign of something that needs to be treated.
  • moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    When you up your workouts, you should be upping your water intake too. Chances are that your body isn't used to the calorie deficit and you aren't getting enough water. Dehydration can cause both headaches and dizziness. Try drinking more water/eating high water content foods like watermelon. If both aren't helping after a week or so, I'd consult your doctor.
  • elpurple
    elpurple Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had blood tests a couple of weeks ago and everything was normal. I'm drinking at least 1 to 1.5 litres of water a day aside from other fluids in hot drinks etc
  • es513
    es513 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Same here. I have had a physical and everything appears to be fine. I'm able to work out great with no pains, idk why I'm a little light headed, got headaches, and thirsty. I upped my water intake to see if it helped and it hasn't so far.

I'm thinking its because overnight I've gone from eating 2500+ calories down to 1600 and my body is having a hard time adjusting. I'm probably wrong, but thats what I'm assuming.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If your blood work checked out and you haven't changed caffeine intake, I would guess hydration.