1 Month Progress on my Journey

Options
Maia_78
Maia_78 Posts: 6 Member
edited April 2015 in Success Stories
Hi guys.. I'm kinda new. My name is Mylene. I'm 36 and before anything else I am a foodie!!! I am one of those people who annoys over half of my friends in Facebook for being a nutcase on posting what's on my dinner table religiously.. I'm quite outgoing and bubbly and didn't really care much about weight thinking my family and friends will love me anyhow until my 3 year old tried to give me a cuddle one day and said. "Mummy, I want a proper bigggg cuddle. Your tummy is in the way..." I nearly fell over laughing at first and then it hit me.. This wasn't just about the cuddles, but more about I am so unhealthy that what if something happens to me and all the horror about heart attacks and all that.. What happens to my little babies then?! I was a wreck for days but never exercised my entire life so didn't really know where to start.. I downloaded MFP and basically just slowly adjusted my calorie intake for a week before trying to go for 1200cal a day.. I'm only 4'11 and my starting weight was 70kgs and a waistline of 38 inches so it was pretty tough.. :( 2nd week i started brisk walking trying to make up for any calories I've eaten on particular days when I'm craving my creature comforts. By week 3 I managed to jog an average of 3.5 miles 3-4 times a week. It's been exactly a month since I started and although my scale only showed that I only lost 8 kilos, my mirror is telling me a different story.. I don't look like I'm about 8 months pregnant anymore!!!! LOL.. I lost around 4.5 inches around my waist but the most important revelation was knowing that eating healthy is not as bad and as boring as I thought it was. I shouldn't really make this long as mine is not quite a success story quite yet.. But hey a small progress is STILL progress.. :) Thanks for reading guys and good luck to all of us.. :)

Replies

• Cking1162
    Cking1162 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Wow--that is a big difference. You look great---way to go!
  • PinUp2014
    PinUp2014 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the changes you've made - little things do add up!

And you've made great progress! 8 kg is a LOT for one month - that's an impressive achievement... don't sell yourself short! :)
  • Maia_78
    Options
    Thank you so much guys.. You're way too kind.. <3
  • Lucy8460
    Lucy8460 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Keep at it. Its worth it.
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl! Keep it up!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the changes you've made one day at a time
  • alexelmer
    alexelmer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing!!!! Well done, I'd definitely class it as a success story!
  • Maia_78
    Options
    Thank you everyone.. Sorry took ages to reply.. Lol.. Anyway just put some pics together for comparison and eventhough I still have some lbs to shift I am at a HAPPY WEIGHT right now.. :) Good Luck to all of us.. xxxx ❤️❤️❤️k96kj9dqm4wn.jpg
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Best thing about being a foodie is now you get to experience with a whole new palate. Enjoy! <3
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Big difference! Congratulations and keep up the great work.
  • Maia_78
    Options
    Thank you guys. Today is my 90th day on this journey and here's an update picture.. I am now down to 59kg from a starting weight of 70kg and lost 6 inches around my waist... I couldn't be more happier even though my scale still tells me I still have a long way to go before I can be on my ideal weight for height.. BMI scale still tells me I'm too short! LOL
  • larsivydody
    larsivydody Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!