Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Whittedo wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »

I wouldn't call that interesting. Not sue who would think of Nutella as a health food. It's a treat. Saturated fat isn't inherently bad so the nutritionist is just flat out wrong in that article.

Plus, I can get the nutrition facts right off of their website so I'm not sure what the hoopla is about it.

The ads empasize the healthy ingredients such as skim milk, hazelnuts and cocoa. To me that is marketing it as a healthy food to feed your children. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbmueS6sHPM

I don't know. They just say happy ingredients. I agree, those ingredients make me happy.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    i dont allow it in the house because i cant eat it responsibly lol ...

This
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options

I wouldn't call that interesting. Not sue who would think of Nutella as a health food. It's a treat. Saturated fat isn't inherently bad so the nutritionist is just flat out wrong in that article.

Plus, I can get the nutrition facts right off of their website so I'm not sure what the hoopla is about it.

The ads empasize the healthy ingredients such as skim milk, hazelnuts and cocoa. To me that is marketing it as a healthy food to feed your children. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbmueS6sHPM

I don't know. They just say happy ingredients. I agree, those ingredients make me happy.

You have a lot more faith in the "enlightened consumer" than I do.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I like it. I like it plain, I like it on crackers, I like it on strawberries, in crepes, sandwiches, I've made the 5 ingredient Nutella cookies,and the Nutella filled crescent rolls. Those were easy and delicious. I don't think I've had it a way I haven't liked it. I do keep it in the house, but it's hidden because my kids have made themselves sick on it. So now if they want it they ask for it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Love Nutella. A little bit goes a long way though. I typically only have it on crepes.
  • moremuffins
    moremuffins Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Tim Hortons in Canada just launched nutella doughnuts, nutella pastry pockets and added nutella to their list of bagel toppings.
    sqvd0ilsyis4.jpg
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I just luuuurve it so much. I used to have it on toast or just straight from the jar.
    Now I have a tablespoon of it with strawberries, and pancakes. Yum.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Tim Hortons in Canada just launched nutella doughnuts, nutella pastry pockets and added nutella to their list of bagel toppings.
    sqvd0ilsyis4.jpg

Oh my gosh. I need to go to Canada.
  • lillyrose2020
    lillyrose2020 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    sqvd0ilsyis4.jpg
    To Canada immediately!
    Looks soooo good!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I rarely have a craving for it, but when I do I can eat a few spoonfuls :p
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    My friend Cara has a gluten free blog. Not that this thread has anything to do with gf, but here's a recipe for Nutella popsicles. Enjoy!

whycantwheatbefriends.com/news/nutella-popsicles/
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I like it, though I rarely have it. One time I ate too much of it and had intense nightmares.

I might try making my own sometime soon.
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Pitted dates filled with Nutella = delicious!
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    shhh there are no thoughts, only dreams now

jjpomu434hin.gif
  • girlschmoopie
    girlschmoopie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I loved Nutella, when I was in high school and college, and it became a game of finding it in the few stores that carried it in the U.S. in the 90's.

Now, it tastes too sweet to me, to the point that it makes my teeth hurt. I've gotten used to (and found I prefer) the chocolate Nuttzo over Nutella.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Did somebody say CHOCOLATE?????
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This may be unpopular, but I've actually found something that I think is BETTER than Nutella (and I think Nutella is pretty damned good).
    For all the Brits out there, go to Tesco and get yourselves a jar of Tesco Bourbon Spread.
    It is the EXACT flavour of the filling of bourbon biscuits. Oh my.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options