Anyone Who Lost the Post Baby Pooch

Options
Please share before and after pics. My whole body is toning up but the pooch is sooooooooooo stubborn. I really need motivation!

Replies

• EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    bump! i'm in the same boat!
  • motherinme
    motherinme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Bump ~ Me Too!
  • kbeatty1015
    kbeatty1015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump! Even 20 months after my second, I can't get rid of it! I'll take any advice I can get at this point.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    BeautifulScarsWECHANGED Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I think most of us moms are in the same boat. I guess the best approach is to keep on goin' and see what happens. Think of it as battle scars. :)
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I got rid of it after I had my last baby (baby #3) but I don't have the pics on here - they're on my FB page. So all I can tell you is that it CAN be done.
  • jenn10302001
    jenn10302001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just had a baby 3/25 so I will bump for more responses :)
  • Mandam1018
    Mandam1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Cardio seems to be working...
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I actually didnt take before and after pictures! But mine is finally starting to go away. My daughter is 18 months, but I have really only been on this diet and exercise thing since January. I have lost almost 20 lbs by completly changing my diet and exercising 5 or 6 days a week, with atleast 35 minutes of cardio and another 20 of weight lifting and floor exercises. I still have a little pooch, but it is getting smaller, and I have recently increased my ab workouts so that it will be gone by summer hopefully! I'm not going to lie, it has not been easy and its been frustrating because it is the last thing to go! It can be done though, just stick with it and definetly increase your ab workouts.
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    It's tough to do, but possible. I was able to get rid of it after my first. I'm currently working on the changes caused by my second (and an additional health issue). I really liked Tracy Anderson's post-pregnancy workout DVD. Tough video --- but great abdominal workout! I'll will try to find some pics from after my first.
  • Angelcakes2010
    Angelcakes2010 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I remember always having that ponch even after my two kids it stayed. I always hoped that being pregnant would have stretched it out or change it in some way lol. Mine is smaller then ever but it is still there, i have been doing INSANITY and can honestly say that it has helped alot! And although it is not gone the more I do the routines on this progam I notice that the ponch is changing, not leaving yet but it is changing its shape....maybe its a good sign lol.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    Mine's not gone anywhere in the 3 1/2 years since I last gave birth.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Bumping......

I had my second child on 3/25
  • mcneelymama
    mcneelymama Posts: 42
    Options
    Well its good to know that in can be done. Thanks ladies :wink:
  • mcneelymama
    Options
  • jwd28
    jwd28 Posts: 765
    Options
    I think one big factor is to consider how your stomach was BEFORE you got pregnant. If it was one of your problem areas before pregnancy, it's likely going to be very difficult to get rid of after the baby is born. If you didn't really gain belly weight before pregnancy, it'll probably be much easier to get rid of the belly pooch.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Its all in your genes.....unfortunately I will always have it along with wonderful stretchmarks...hubby calls them "tigerstripes"!!! My sister is skinny and her stomach looks worse than mine after 3 kids.....won't be posing for Playboy ever! Hopefully it isn't in your genes....I am screwed!!
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options

I never thought it could be done, but I have been working hard on cardio and doing 30 day shred and my pooch is going down. Still have a ways to go but I'm almost 50 and I'm thinking by next spring I will have a tone tummy.

Good Luck!
  • GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options

I never thought it could be done, but I have been working hard on cardio and doing 30 day shred and my pooch is going down. Still have a ways to go but I'm almost 50 and I'm thinking by next spring I will have a tone tummy.

Good Luck!
  • mcneelymama
    Options
    I got rid of it after I had my last baby (baby #3) but I don't have the pics on here - they're on my FB page. So all I can tell you is that it CAN be done.
    What did you do ?