new to my fitnesspal

Options
hey everyone, i'm new to this been doing it for 2 days now i was wondering, i work a lot and am a student as well, dont get a lot of time to work out, any success stories with not a lot of working out?

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    FIrst of all WELCOME :drinker: Well I just started because i am limited to walking right now i am loosing weight staying within the calories i am alloted for weight loss so I guess it could happen....

Bumping this topic hopefully someone else can chime in with a better story
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I was told by my personal trainer that weight loss is 80% of what you're consuming (food) and 20% of exercise. I believe that you need to marry both healthy eating and exercising to get the full impact. However, it seems that you are already busy so that's great! At least you're moving around everyday!:) As long as you're truly sticking to a healthy lifestyle in general, the weight should come off!

Good luck!
  • brokenglass3188
    Options
    thank you both of you! yes i am running around pretty much all day and i work in retail so i am constantly on my feet. a few years ago i lost a lot of weight with just not eating as much and i didnt exercise at all so im hoping i can do that again. im very nervous about this program and hoping it works out i havent even bought a scale yet haha so hopefully it will come off and surprise me.
  • Shmorg27
    Shmorg27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!! I also recently joined MFP, work full time (with a 45 min. commute one way), and am in graduate school....so I feel your pain! But trust me, it can be done. As others have stated here, watching what you eat really really really helps with losing weight. And as far as working out is concerned, make sure when you do that it's to your fullest extent. If you even have 10 minutes to spare for a little walk - It's better than nothing, I say!

Good luck and add me as a friend if you need some support!
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Just focus on portion control and staying within your calorie budget for the day. Exercise will help build muscle and increase metabolism but that doesnt mean you ccannot lose weight based on diet alone. Plenty of people lose weight without exercise. Just do your best when you have time and you will do great!!!! Good luck
  • brokenglass3188
    Options
    thank you i sent a friend request! and i have a question for everyone, how many calories is everyone consuming a day?
  • kelsey054
    kelsey054 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Your suppose to consume 1200, but after I exercise I usually have 600-900 calories that I can eat. People will say I'm putting my body in starvation mode, but I'm just not hungry. Plus I drink A LOT of water which controls my hunger.
  • brokenglass3188
    Options
    when i set my profile up and my weight it says i should consume 1750, yesterday was my first day and i consumed around 1200 but i was just confused cause they set me with the 1750 calories a day
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    I try to stay with 1200-1600 calories a day. Some days I'm right on target and will be on the lower end of the spectrum but sometimes I need that extra 400 calories if there is a sudden change in meal choices! It all depends on your weight and the amount of calories burned a day. (That does include your daily activities in retail!!:) )