Continuing after success

Options
now that I feel comfortable in my skin again, I'm starting to care less about food and working out. I'm doing okay, but I feel myself slipping back into old habits. I feel like I've tried every tip and trick, but maybe you guys have some unique ways to stay motivated? Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    For me, it was slipping up and gaining some of the weight back. Not a lot, but enough for me to notice. I was disappointed that I was going to have to stay vigilant to keep it off, but I did get it off again. When I feel myself starting on my lazy "I don't do this all the time. I'll make sure tomorrow is an on-track day" thinking, I just remember back to that day when I realized that I was sliding backward due to this excuse. It might take a few extra pounds here and there before you fully commit to a lifestyle change rather than a "right now change."
  • CatHunterFit
    CatHunterFit Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've kept my weight off for 6 years. A bunch of different stuff has worked for me. Mainly staying strict in my eating and tracking during the week, but relaxing more on weekends. Realizing that the changes you made need to become permanent - you can't go back to the way you were or the weight will go right back on. Also striving to be better - you can always set new goal and strive to better yourself.
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    jangus9416 wrote: »
    now that I feel comfortable in my skin again, I'm starting to care less about food and working out. I'm doing okay, but I feel myself slipping back into old habits. I feel like I've tried every tip and trick, but maybe you guys have some unique ways to stay motivated? Any help would be appreciated!

When I maintained, it was some "staying on track" but there was also a lot of gaining-losing-gaining-losing. I gave myself 5lbs and then my pants would not fit anymore and that motivated me to track again.
    Bottomline: there is no magic, just raised awareness forever.
  • jangus9416
    jangus9416 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    sengalissa wrote: »
    jangus9416 wrote: »

When I maintained, it was some "staying on track" but there was also a lot of gaining-losing-gaining-losing. I gave myself 5lbs and then my pants would not fit anymore and that motivated me to track again.
    Bottomline: there is no magic, just raised awareness forever.

I've lost almost 30lbs before and gained it all back. Now I'm on round two. I'm not back to my goal weight but I am very comfortable. I hope next time it'll be before a 20lbs gain that I get my wake up call lol

You guys are right. And there's no secret, I just have to want it and make it part of my life