do you cheat when you log your diets

Options

Replies

• NinaJoki
    NinaJoki Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING. I think that the tool is so helpful in reminding you to be mindful of what you eat. I try to focus on the fat, protein and sugar in my regular foods the most. You can eat 1200 calories of junk and be under your goal, but have no real nutrition your body needs to function and recover from exercise. I like that it will show you your projected weight if you keep eating like that- so after a night out, or a big 'cheat meal (day)' you can see that you would gain weight back very quickly. I find it a helpful reminder to see exactly how we gained the weight in the first place. It also becomes a helpful tool when eating out. I don't go online to see the calorie count on a menu when I am at a restaurant (sometimes I do look ahead of time) but knowing the nutrition helps me make better choices in the future. Eating/drinking your favorite foods can still happen, just not all day everyday.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    no i don't.
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    @NinaJoki i like when you say .."sometimes i do look ahead of time" i think its a great idea.

Also @Tmitchell3 i love your idea of trying to log before i eat..incase i want to change what i am eating.
  • Taraparker1013
    Taraparker1013 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It really works :) just to see where I end up.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I cheat, but I am not careful with calories a lot of time. I don't measure out my 2 tablespoons of sour cream but I think "meh, it's only 30 calories per tblspn so whatever." I measure out big things, but fruit and veggies I just eyeball and pick a guessed entry for MFP. Luckily I work out and never log it and usually stay about 150 below my calorie goal and these small issues never inhibit my loss. If I ever plateau, I know the first place to start getting more serious.
  • praksindiafit
    Options
    @FrankiesSaysRelax great that you are 150 below your goal.. a few calories that you dont measure is cool.
  • praksindiafit
    Options
    Wherez all
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Why bother?
    The only one you are cheating is yourself.
    Calories add up quickly. A spoonful of this, just a little of that, it is all calories. If you log it all, stay at or near your daily total, you will be successful. It is as simple as this.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Why bother?
    Calories add up quickly. A spoonful of this, just a little of that, it is all calories. If you log it all, stay at or near your daily total, you will be successful. It is as simple as this.

Exactly.... What is the purpose of cheating on my diary? I know what I'm eating and how much of something I'm eating...not logging it isn't going to magically erase calories.
  • praksindiafit
    Options
    Why bother?

yes very true. But i am sure there are people who dont face their fear..they need to accept the truth keep logging right..it is only whrn you are honest to yourself that you can take it to the next level.
  • Briael
    Briael Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Why bother recording macros at all if you're cheating? Seems self-defeating. Your body doesn't care if you lie about what you fed it, it will still account for the food you actually eat.

I include every single thing that I put in my mouth - even a single piece of sugar free gum. The only way to spot patterns that inhibit loss or, alternatively, result in good loss is to accurately record everything.

• Mariya_Stewart
    Mariya_Stewart Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    No way :)
    The main reason to sign in here was to check what I actually eat and if it's out of limits to correct it.
  • JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't always log, and if I go over, I don't log it. But I also dont post it either and pretend it didnt happen. I just leave it, and the next day, try to do better.
  • Justygirl77
    Justygirl77 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    No WAY!! It's my tool, it helps guide my day...Why would I mess myself up like that?
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My husband just handed me a very small potato chip. I probably will not log it. He just offered me a second one. I turned it down.
  • jennifermaxwell1018
    Options
    NEVER! If it goes in my mouth, it goes in the diary. That is how I hold myself accountable, and cheating does nothing for me. Those red numbers are the things that keep me on track. If I go over my calorie limit, I'll push that much harder in my exercise to get those numbers in the green color.
  • praksindiafit
    Options
    JessieLMay wrote: »
    I don't always log, and if I go over, I don't log it. But I also dont post it either and pretend it didnt happen. I just leave it, and the next day, try to do better.
    you should log it.. log everything you eat.. the whole idea being in mfp is to reach your goals. Appreciate you being honest of saying you dont log...thats the first part. You can always keep your diary private..
  • praksindiafit
    Options
    GreenValli wrote: »
    My husband just handed me a very small potato chip. I probably will not log it. He just offered me a second one. I turned it down.
    lol. That would be nice..logging in one small piece of potato chip.
  • praksindiafit
    Options
    Wheres everyone.. please share..