People with IBS, GERD, or other stomach issues?

Options
bbontheb
bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
Hi everyone,

I have finicky stomach issues now after gaining a lot of weight, getting my gallbladder out, diagnosed with gerd, possible IBS or something else. I am trying a low fodmap diet for now which is helping calm my stomach/bowels haha.

Looking for friends that might have similar tummy issues. Currently my diary is set to private as I write food notes about my tummy issues but perhaps I should change that.

Hope to meet you and find some like-feeling folk on MFP! :)

Replies

• dalyndolly
    dalyndolly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have IBS as well . Took them about 14 yrs to finally figure that out - lucked out though and found out before they removed my gallbladder (which was the next step).

I started on a low fodmap diet as well almost 2 years back. It helped me pinpoint my trigger foods.

I suggest taking onion and garlic out of your diet immediately. They share a common sulfate that some bodies cannot digest. (Such as mine). Turns out that was the biggest issue. The other trigger foods became much less severe and now when they are a surprise in my meal I don't have near as bad attacks (unless of course it's onion or garlic).

I really hope this helps. Give it a few months without those two specifically and see if things get better.

Hope to hear soon!
  • Saphira291
    Saphira291 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had to have my gal bladder removed in 2007 and have never been the same since. I was okay for a little while but for the last few years it's been back to everything upsetting my stomach. I talked to my doctor and she just claims it's my weight that's causing my problems.
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well I had bad tummy issues the first 3 weeks, went to the doctor and they said I was running a high fever
    Turns out that I became lactose intolerant!
    I haven't have tummy problems since stopping the dairy
    Also drink a few glasses of water (not all at once) it helps too
    My boyfriends mom had her taken out no more than a week ago, so I can understand what you are going through
    Feel free to add me
  • mrsdcsmithiv
    mrsdcsmithiv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have ibs, gerd, and I'm lactose intolerant. All relatively new diagnosis so I'm still trying to figure out how/what to eat
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have acid reflux and have to be careful with a few things, but overall it hasn't been too much of an issue. Since I started eating pretty clean, I've found that having my trigger foods in small doses no longer bothers me much.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with IBS 14 years ago and had my gallbladder out 3 years ago. I learned to control my IBS through diet and really have to watch my roughage intake. The first year after I had my gallbladder out was hell, but my body adjusted and I've learned what not to eat. Once you find your triggers it gets easier. You're doing the right thing, keeping a food diary and logging notes about your reactions. You'll be able to figure it out faster. Wish I had done that years ago.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I'm severely lactose intolerant and was tested for crohn's (don't have it, thank god). I gave up meat about 15 years ago, which made my symptoms (cramping, abdominal pain, extremely painful, prolonged bathroom visits) go from 4-5 times a week to about 4-5 times a year. I think I've tied my remaining digestive woes to alcohol (generally beer) and food tainted with meat/meat products.
  • MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder removed, I also have IBS and am lactose intolerant :(, feel free to add me