Stay active

Options
what are some good ideas and tips that you have for staying active? What's a good way to motivate myself to stay off the couch when I'm at home? Any suggestions?

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I've just made exercise a priority and I try to do it before I get home to even plop myself on the sofa.

I work a desk job and I attend school online. I run and lift weights on alternating days. Depending on the time of year (mild winters, hot summers) I run either before or immediately after work. I lift weights at the company gym so always do that before I leave the work site and head home. I know that once I sit myself down at the TV, my desk or wherever it's really hard to get up and get moving so I don't let it become an option.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love skipping rope! If you have the space. I do it at work and in my living room. (I have to push some furniture out of the way but That's just a little bit of resistance training right? Haha.)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    get up and clean house or room . , or take a walk for 1hr or 2 and shop for things .
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It becomes a habit. Just get up and move.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Find an activity you love to do then create or join a group/gym. Yoga, Crossfit, running, dog walking, hiking. Having the motivation of being active with other people always helps me to not skip. Also, the other people help you hold yourself accountable, don't want to let anyone down by not showing.