what tasty diet foods can u suggest for me?

Options
2»

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Is beef jerky a good way to get your protein in?

Sure. You might want to watch the sodium on it, though, if you have any problems with it. Some of my other go-to protein snacks are hard boiled eggs, string cheese, and Greek yogurt.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd say this but I tried Coke zero and actually like it. Not much of an aftertaste at all which is a problem for me for almost every other diet soda.

Other thing I like: Weight Watchers ice cream bars. They do not taste like diet at all.
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Cottage cheese. I like the Hood brand with either peaches or cucumber/dill. I fortify it with Dole diced peaches or chopped cucumber, respectively.

I also like Orchard Valley Harvest roasted almonds. I open a pack in the morning and snack 2-3 almonds each time. Almonds are tricky as they are high calorie.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Is beef jerky a good way to get your protein in?

Yes, also it's delicious and not bad on the calorie count.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I never thought I'd say this but I tried Coke zero and actually like it. Not much of an aftertaste at all which is a problem for me for almost every other diet soda.

Other thing I like: Weight Watchers ice cream bars. They do not taste like diet at all.

I like the Skinny Cow ice cream bars, too. Their ice cream sandwiches are tasty!

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

I like the Skinny Cow ice cream bars, too. Their ice cream sandwiches are tasty!

That's because they're not. They're really just portioned controlled
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Pureed frozen banana "ice cream"! There are tons of recipes for different flavors online. No added sugar for most of them. I like 1 banana plus 1 c. frozen blueberries, cinnamon and vanilla and a little milk or soymilk or even water to help it process in my mini food processor. Be sure to chop up the banana before freezing it.
  • five1113
    five1113 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Don't know how keen you are on veggies, but Edamame is my go to snack when watching a movie or just need a little comfort food type of snack. I buy the the individual serving size pouches... microwave in 3 minutes, then i use a little sea salt and garlic powder and OMG... just divine. Although, I do get a littler perverse with the pods hahahah suck the hell out of them... So good! And they are so gooooood for you <3 They take a while to eat... So it's psychological for me as well because I'm constantly bringing something up to my mouth lol
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, or shrimp with cocktail sauce are all great high protein snack choices!