Low carb breakfast?

Options
any one have ideas on low carb breakfast? I've had lots of bacon and eggs....but want to branch out.

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you're doing low carb?
  • NeverGiveUpKMV
    NeverGiveUpKMV Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Some simple carbs in the morning are OK. They can give you energy- I like bananas :smile:
    As far as being low carb besides that, you could try doing chicken breasts or other meats. You could also try cooking your eggs differently. Sometime's when I'm in a rush I grab a protein shake (mine are very low carb and high protein).
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Packed out omelet Add whateever you want mmmmm lovely
  • 007Charlette
    007Charlette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Smoked salmon, cream cheese avocado chopped......
    Pork Chops pan seared w just 1Tbsp butter and scrambled egg with a lil cheese...
    Diced or sliced chicken breast with lettuce and a cherry or plum tomato...
    Strips of Steak, a few mushrooms, spinach...
    LOADED omelet with some of the weeks leftover steak, mushrooms, spinach and cheese...

Just a few ideas... add me I share my food log the good the bad and the truths of what I eat...
  • gpstreet
    gpstreet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    What about the standard Japanese breakfast ? The basics are miso soup, fish, tofu and a bowl of rice. You can add pickles, an egg, mentaiko (spicy fish roe), boiled vegetables (asparagus). The thing I like about Japanese breakfast is there is a little of a lot. In other words, many small dishes of different things.
  • greenautumn17
    greenautumn17 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Breakfast does not have to be breakfast foods. It can be salad, or cheese and beef. I have had some soup with coconut oil added to up the fat! Leftovers from dinner work just fine, too.
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    lizandcleo wrote: »
    any one have ideas on low carb breakfast? I've had lots of bacon and eggs....but want to branch out.

crustless spinach or broccoli quiche, turkey patties=home made are 2 things that are my go-to, plus, they make for good fuel before a workout. Try skinnytaste.com they have recipes for every lifestyle.
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    lizandcleo wrote: »

PS; add avocado, too! It's a healthy fat and good filler:)
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Crustless quiche, chorizo & eggs, omelets, egg scramble (tomato, onion, sausage, peppers, mushrooms etc), steak and eggs, burger w/egg. A good protein packed breakfast can hold me over for several hours.