Not sure what topic this would go under....couponing

Options
I am trying to coupon to save on groceries and stuff. Inspiration- Extreme Couponing on TLC. Doe anyone out there coupon? If you do I could use some tips and info.

Where do you get your coupons?

What store do you use them the most?

How many coupons can be used per item? I know this one is different per store I am just curious.

How much do you save?

Any other advice you can offer would be great!

Thank you!

Replies

• TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would like to know this too!

5097983.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Krazycouponlady.com
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of couponing and yes I love Extreme Couponing on TLC, I get alot of my coupons in the Sunday paper and coupons.com. I can never do as well as they do on the show but last week I spent 127 and my bill before coupons was 258 so I saved half. On facebook go to the Krazy Coupon lady and like her she is very helpful.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I wish I could be more help to you, but I'll try and get some links from my mom. She uses websites that tell her exactly whats on sale and how to buy it etc.

I haven't seen very many savings on food, but on everything else OMG she gets it practically for free (usually just pays tax). (Like shampoo, body wash, floss, socks! etc)
  • mrssavvysteve
    mrssavvysteve Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bump
    Very intrigued by this topic as well!
  • shaheerahs
    shaheerahs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I saw that show the other day and a lady got $ 500 worth of groceries for $25, that seriously hurt my feelings because I so struggle to buy groceries every month around rent time. So, I am trying to start doing this too.

If you google extreme couponing there are some ladies from the show that have websites that will help you get started. If you have an android phon e or Iphone there are also apps that you can download to help you.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm a couponer, so I can try and provide whatever help you need.

1. Coupons come from inserts (newspaper), blinkies (boxes at the store that spit out coupons), tearpads (pads of coupons at the store), facebook, coupons.com or other printable sources, and by contacting companies directly either asking for coupons or just complimenting their products.

2, It depends on what I am buying as to which store I use the coupons at. Health & Beauty products are usually purchased at CVS because I can get them for free/super cheap. Groceries are purchased at either Kroger, Tom Thumb (Safeway store), Aldi, or WalMart.

3. You are right, it depends on the store. At Target, CVS, and Walgreens, you can use 1 manufacturers Q and 1 store Q for the same product.

4. The amount I save totally depends. I don't buy my groceries based on meals because I already have a stockpile of items. I just buy based on what is on sale and/or what I can get free/cheap for that sales period. The only things that I each week regardless are milk, broccoli (I pricematch it at WalMart), salad, and fruit (I pricematch this at WalMart too).

My best advice is to look through your sales ads (either online or if you receive it in the mail). You just match up coupons to the items on sale, or if it's something you use a lot and there aren't Qs for it, you just stock up. If you don't want to drive to each store, just pricematch everything at either WalMart or Target (they both do it, but differently).

You can message me or friend me if you have any other questions. I've been couponing for about 4 years now and we spend roughly $200 a month for our family of 4 on groceries and MAYBE $10 a month on health & beauty products.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I try so hard to do that couponing. But I dont' have the time to research them as much as others. I live in Wisconsin and many stores only double on one day and only up to 5 coupons, and many many many manufaturer coupons now say DO NOT DOUBLE OR TRIPLE it gets very confusing and hard to do. I stick to the ones that are easy to use, from fliers and weekly adds. I save something its better than nothing.
  • missyeighmy
    missyeighmy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i buy them off ebay there is alot of sellers now that cut and make lots and you usually pay .99 cents for the lot .. if your looking for specific items type it in the search and sometimes you can buy a lot of 20 of 1.00 off coupons for something you buy alot of and you pay .99 cents for them but you end up saving so much. example i bought a lot of 20 1.00 off coupons for .99 cents on pup a roni for my dogs and i found it on sale at walgreens for 1.99 usually its regular 2.99 at walmart. i used all of them at walgreens and saved 20$ off sale price but usually like i said i buy them at walmart for 2.99 and so really i saved 40$ . the only thing is when buying coupons you want to make sure your going to save more that you spend for them kinda like a sunday paper. also watch for expiration dates cause of mailing time. there is even free item coupons that you can get that are great but sometimes there not worth what the price goes up to. good luck!!
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I started couponing about a year ago and cut our monthly spendings in half... Not as good as those on that show, but It has helped our family tremendously! ;) I use dealseekingmom.com, moneysavingmom.com, thekrazycouponlady.com and couponcravings.com and a few others, but find these are my favs! I get my coupons from the Sunday paper, coupons.com, target.com, redplum.com and smartsource.com. If I know there is a deal where I can get something for free or even make money on it I will buy extra coupons for super cheap from ebay or other coupon clipping sites. Since starting this I get crackers, cereal, salad dressings, razors, body wash, ketchup, noodles, snack bars and much more for .50 to free. My husband and I bought a big chest freezer because we found since I started this we have much more food to store, but are spending A LOT less. I have shelves in our basement where I keep my backup stash of everything.

The best way to go about saving the most money is stacking a good deal with a good coupon... More times than not you can get a lot of stuff free this way! A lot of stores(not in my area unfortunately) will double coupons up to $1 with no limit on how many you can use. The only store that does this for me is PNS on Wed and Sat only doubling up to 5 coupons and every once in a while they will do 10. Either way I take advantage to get stuff super cheap to free.

Hope this helps a bit and feel free to message me with any questions and I would love to help! :)
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I coupon. I use an organizer that I bought at the dollar store to put them in. I get coupons from the Sunday's paper, ones I get with free samples, Facebook, and sites such as coupons.com. HotCouponWorld.com has a lot of great info. It matches store ads with available coupons. I shop for my groceries at Kroger and Meijer and for health and beauty items I go to Rite Aid and CVS. I usually get my body wash, shampoo, toothpaste, and floss for cheap if not free. :love:
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    Hi. I run a couponing website, and the first thing is: the show on TLC is not only extreme, but some of it has been extremely fraudulent. Some of those people are not properly redeeming coupons, and it really pisses me and other honest couponers off to no.end. It's because of those kinds of people (particularly, that "J'aime" chick) that couponers have a bad name.

That being said...

I get my coupons from the Sunday paper (no papers on major holidays), online at redplum.com, coupons.com, smartsource.com, boxtops4education.com, eatbetteramerica.com, etc. I also use a coupon clipping service on occasion to get multiples of good coupons, and I trade on a coupon site.

I use them at Walgreens, CVS, Winn Dixie, Publix, WalMart, and Sweetbay.

You can only use one manufacturer's coupon per item (this is the definition of "one coupon per purchase" on the coupons, but you'll hear people confuse purchase with transaction a LOT). Some stores allow you to use one manufacturer's coupon AND one store coupon per item. It just depends on your store. The one coupon per item also goes for things that are on sale buy one get one free. Say you get two things of Propel water (they happen to really be on sale here) for 3.99, buy one get one free. You can use two of the 1.00 off of one coupons, to get two 6-packs for only 1.99 total!

Best advice is to get the coupon policy of each store, use a coupon database online to match up with the store's ad, make a list, and stick to it...
  • Iris0022
    Iris0022 Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks for the good ideas!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE coupon-er. I get the papers. I get more than one. I also contact companies for coupons, i use Redplum, Coupon.com, Smartsource.com, Krazy coupon lady rocks... I have a few others I follow. The trick is to match up sale ads with your coupons and you can use a manufacturer and a store coupon. Well not all stores... What is your location?

Feel free to add me... I love love to coupon....:happy:
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Krazycouponlady.com

Yes I have read the beginners guide there.
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    I am a HUGE coupon-er. I get the papers. I get more than one. I also contact companies for coupons, i use Redplum, Coupon.com, Smartsource.com, Krazy coupon lady rocks... I have a few others I follow. The trick is to match up sale ads with your coupons and you can use a manufacturer and a store coupon. Well not all stores... What is your location?

Feel free to add me... I love love to coupon....:happy:

I live in KS. We have Dillons and Walmart were I live and an Albertsons about 20 miles away.
  • bmfrazie
    bmfrazie Posts: 2,391 Member
    Options
    bump