30 Day Walking challenge

Options
chicasmommy
chicasmommy Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi! I'm a mom of 2 preschoolers in Arizona and I am looking to lose 40 pounds. I have crash dieted and frantically exercised many times for 2-3 weeks, losing about 10 lbs each time, but then eventually gained it all back plus more due to my SEVERE sugar addiction. This time I am trying the walking challenge and only lowering my calories by 300-500 a day.

Anyone else doing the challenge? What day are you on? I've never done anything like this.

Also, Any advice on how to stay motivated once I lose those same 10 pounds?

Replies

• 3fabboysx1
    3fabboysx1 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My advice is to commit to walking everyday no exceptions. Track your walking by both time and miles if at all possible. Adopt the mentality if you have 10 minutes then you have time to walk. Set a goal and then meet the walking goal everyday. Don't make it unattainable. Make it a goal that you can do today and you can get up and do again tomorrow with little struggle. I could go on and write a book on how to commit to a walking strategy but I don't want to bore anyone. If you would like me to elaborate more I will I just don't want to type more than your ready for.

I commented on your post because I have achieved what you are trying to do. Years ago I started out just trying to walk and lose a bit of weight. It went great. I stayed with walking I ended up losing 60 pounds and keeping it off. Today I enjoy a healthy weight in the normal BMI range. I still walk everyday. I take 1 or 2 days off a month. If you stick with walking you will not believe the changes it will make in your life.
  • chicasmommy
    chicasmommy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the reply! This is exactly what I needed to hear. Congrats on your success!
  • Sweetnothing78
    Sweetnothing78 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom of four. My oldest is 8 and my youngest is 3. I just started the walking challenge today. 30 minutes done and looking forward to tomorrow! :)
  • evastar
    evastar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started this challenge yesterday :)
  • kimberlyhoward
    kimberlyhoward Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am starting the 30 day walking challenge tomorrow. Is anyone else doing this?