Diet Soda Cake

Options
Vkoons3
Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
I made a chocolate cake last night for the first time usin the Diet soda recipe that I Have been hearing about. The cake tasted fantastic but it is super dense and looks more like brownies. Did I do something wrong or has anyone else had those results?

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    That's how it looks! :o)
  • angelquest
    angelquest Posts: 15
    Options
    Sounds good! Where can we find the recipe and nutrition info?
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Here is another recipe we love which is similar.....Jello Poke Cake

Mix one can of diet sierra mist or any diet white soda (can even use diet orange soda) with a white cake mix and bake at 350.
    While still warm, poke holes all over cake. Mix up a small box of sugar free jello (use orange if you used the orange jello...we like cherry jello, then pour it on top of cake and let it soak in the holes. Then cover the top with fat free cool whip when cool...Keep refrigerated....super yummy!
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Ive seen it around but never thought it would actually work. definitely going to give it a go! :)
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    Is this like chocolate cola cake? I wanted to try with diet coke but I thought what the hell, it's going to be so high in calories and fat anyway! Love it though. And yes, mine was like brownies too. Soooo good.
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    bump
  • suzyr78
    suzyr78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What are the nutrition stats on the Jello Poke cake for logging in Fitness Pal?

Sounds good :)
  • rissaface
    rissaface Posts: 129 Member
    Options

Mix one can of diet sierra mist or any diet white soda (can even use diet orange soda) with a white cake mix and bake at 350.
    While still warm, poke holes all over cake. Mix up a small box of sugar free jello (use orange if you used the orange jello...we like cherry jello, then pour it on top of cake and let it soak in the holes. Then cover the top with fat free cool whip when cool...Keep refrigerated....super yummy!

I will have to try this one......what is the nutritional info on this one? :happy:
  • Vkoons3
    Vkoons3 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Is this like chocolate cola cake? I wanted to try with diet coke but I thought what the hell, it's going to be so high in calories and fat anyway! Love it though. And yes, mine was like brownies too. Soooo good.

I just used a can of Diet Coke with a chocolate cake mix and yes is was very good and not sure how it alters the nutrition facts I am guessing just using the nutrition facts on the box of the mix before baking since the diet soday has no calories or fat...I love to bake so I am hoping that I can come up with a better low fat low cal recipe on my own without using a mix.
  • gail2207
    gail2207 Posts: 133
    Options
    Oh awesome. This is the recipe I used:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chocolatecolacake_7614

It's one of the best cakes i've ever had!
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You would have to enter it in the recipe builder. I think it is under 200 for a 12th of the pan.
  • soon2bmrsc
    soon2bmrsc Posts: 41
    Options
    mmmm jello cake sounds sooooo good! thanks for this!
  • bridgeville
    bridgeville Posts: 43
    Options
    jello poke cake sounds great
  • wirefly
    wirefly Posts: 1
    Options
    Hmm- I only make cakes with diet soda and they always come out like cake. I don't follow a recipe though; I just pour to the consistency of the batter (I'm new and didn't see the original recipe- but I just do boxed mix and soda). Everyone is always amazed and can't tell the difference.
  • hjollyrn
    hjollyrn Posts: 208 Member
    Options

This is super yummy! my husband even loved it!
  • awyler
    awyler Posts: 78
    Options
    Jelly Poke Cake is DELICIOUS!!!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Yup! I do these for the kids bdays so we can still have cake! Frost it with a little Free coolwhip. It is a little more brownie like but still yum!
  • pannacottayum
    pannacottayum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    had cheerwine pound cake once....yummmmm
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hmmm . ..interesting. Thanks.