Female, 27, Gained 30 lbs from anti-anxiety meds

Options
My normal body weight is 130 at 5'3". In less than a year I have gained 30 lbs, puts me at 160 lbs, and I am not ok with it. I took myself off of Paxil because that was the weight gain culprit and it had many other less than desirable side effects. I am now on a road to recovery and am 3 months in with no weight loss so it looks like it's not going to come off easy. I have had issues with eating since I was 17 and have been underweight and am now overweight. I am great at starving myself but that is not the route I want to go. My goal is to eat 1700 calories a day with 30 min of exercise and just let the weight slowly fall off. Anyone in the same predicament as me, let's be friends and help each other out :)

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Start a progressive lifting programme, for some reason the gains in fitness and strength absolutely knocked my anxiety into touch ...haven't had a panic attack in 8 months (plus no asthma meds)

I like your approach ...weigh and log your food accurately ...it will come off slowly which is appropriate and healthy

Good luck
  • jacklynlevi
    jacklynlevi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try and Count your maccros to get enough Protein, healthy fats and complex carbs. And let yourself having one cheatmeal a week so it can reboost your metabolism. On Long run your bodie gets acustomed to your healthy way of eating and your metabolism slows down. For more questions ask me :)
  • azza213
    azza213 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I found trying different diets and exercises helped me , once i found the right one to suit myself i kept to it as every one has different genetics its finding what works for you hope this was helpful
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I gained 20-30 from BC pills/hormones a couple years ago. My calorie/exercise goals are about the same as yours, so I will send you a friend request! I just started April 6 & I have lost a couple lbs, so I hope it works for you as well!