Is it better to mix up exercise routines?

Options
we have a rowing machine at home i am wanting to work out 5 times a week, is this enough with my healthy eating to loose weight? Is it best to mix up my exercise routine or could i easily do it with just my rowing machine?
Thanks in advance x

Replies

• Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have heard its good to mix things up. But you can mix things up just using the rowing machine. You could do interval training and steady state. You could even throw in some body weight exercises afterwards :) x
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I think that mixing it up keeps me from being bored. My body gets used to the routine and I feel it is not as effective. Mixing it up will work different muscles.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    soxy06 wrote: »
    Is it best to mix up my exercise routine or could i easily do it with just my rowing machine?

Depends what you want to achieve, but there is little training value in randomly mixing things up.

A quality rowing machine gives you plenty of flexibility; long duration sessions, shorter duration higher intensity, intervals, sprint training. It's also a nice comibnation of strength and CV training.