My poor wee blender has gone with a bang & a puff - Recommendations please

Options
2»

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Good lord! I just searched Amazon UK to see whether you guys "across the pond" had access to cheap Osterizers and Hamilton Beach blenders like we do over here. The same model that £194 ($288) on Amazon UK is $65 (£44) over here. Wow. Here, a bottom of the line Osterizer is about $20 (£13.50) and runs fine for a long time.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    @Rukia_K I'm in Wales and we've got a nutribullet. My husband bought it from eBay (standard!) so I'm guessing it was second hand from someone who had good intentions but didn't use it as it was in perfect condition. I thought it was brand new and when I saw an advert for a different brand that was really expensive he said "don't worry, ours cost nowhere near that".
  • Rukia_K
    Rukia_K Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Heidi,

It's unbelieveable isn't it - but it may be due to the cost of shipping as well as altering it for our mains as we have a lot more juice 240v instead of your 120v

Anyhoo I've ordered a Berg Blender so will see if it's any good and update you :)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Berg sounds like a good blender.Just had a peach smoothie,good
    & good for me with yogurt,milk,protein powder,lots of ice for 178 calories
    & 17 protein.I usually add 1/2 C of frozen peaches,but need to make
    a grocery run.Pat
  • maryliscious
    maryliscious Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I loved my ninja until it broke on me the other day. It lasted 7 months.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninja
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Mine was £15 and has lasted over a year and I have used it 2 times a day. It blends really well. Think mines like Breville or something. Interesting to see what people suggest in the higher price bracket though!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja and it's pretty good, but OMFG it is loud. If I had it to do again I'd definitely save for a more expensive one (probably Blendtec) - but I don't, in fact, have it to do again! I use it to make almond milk and smoothies without issue. Is eBay an option for you?
  • ThisOrderedLife
    ThisOrderedLife Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I got this kenwood a few years ago when I got married it and gets used EVERY day (sometimes twice!)... I do yogurt, whole milk and frozen berries every morning and it does the job great

http://www.johnlewis.com/kenwood-fpm264-multipro-compact-food-processor/p231657443
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    The Berg arrived and boy it's a beast :) I have made loads of smoothies for family with no bits at all and my morning green smoothie (coconut water/avocado/mango/spinach) is sooooo smooth :p As for durability only time will tell although it does come with a 7 year warranty thankfully.
  • scottinfocus
    scottinfocus Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Rukia_K wrote: »
    The Berg arrived and boy it's a beast :) I have made loads of smoothies for family with no bits at all and my morning green smoothie (coconut water/avocado/mango/spinach) is sooooo smooth :p As for durability only time will tell although it does come with a 7 year warranty thankfully.

Just found this forum so joined as I wanted to ask how you're getting on with the Berg Blender? I've been researching it for the past week as it's hard to find any info/reviews on it. I'm in the UK as well, so £450 for a vitamix just isn't going to happen (as much on the principle as the actual cost!). I know it's only been a month since you've gotten it, but what sort of things are you making and would you recommend it as an alternative to the ninja/blendtec/vitamix? Many thanks!
  • terrenceobrien1
    terrenceobrien1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Ninja Ultima. I made a smoothie blending raw beets, dates, frozen spinach, frozen kale, frozen collards, 2 bananas, chia seeds, and almond milk. It is very powerful, and very loud. $160 US. I am uncertain if they are available outside of the United States.
  • jcurrie17
    jcurrie17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja and I love it...but I know you can get refurbished vitamix or blendtec, through their websites, for much less than buying new.
  • Rukia_K
    Options
    Hi guys sorry for the late reply - Thus far fingers crossed the Berg has been a delight have been using it for breakfast smoothies, nut butters, nut milks and oat milks too. Had a go at making Vegan Chocolate Ice-cream where you use banana instead of dairy and then freeze - It was LUSH! :) and the family loved it for a change. I did a blog on blogger on it as I was so impressed so if you search google for 'Berg blender' and 'blogger' it should pop up with all the details.