Down 41 Lbs and Happy

Options
Hi everyone. I just turned 55. I used to be a high octane athlete. Amateur Athlete with a lot of success. As I aged and slowed down, my carb and calorie numbers didn't add up to my needs. I became diabetic (type 2) about 12 yrs ago. In the past 50 days, I've lost 41 lbs. I am at an optimum weight and feeling great. Healthy and happy. My glucose numbers were stable throughout my diet. Now that I am back to normal eating, mostly, the fruits that I eat are spiking it a bit. I'll figure that out. I encourage anyone who has the inclination to make it happen. Get on a structured plan and JUST DO IT! As Michael Jordan might say. I'll never go back. I weigh myself every day. I have a plus or minus goal of 2 lbs to stay within my weight. I wish you all good health and happiness.

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I just turned 55. I used to be a high octane athlete. Amateur Athlete with a lot of success. As I aged and slowed down, my carb and calorie numbers didn't add up to my needs. I became diabetic (type 2) about 12 yrs ago. In the past 50 days, I've lost 41 lbs. I am at an optimum weight and feeling great. Healthy and happy. My glucose numbers were stable throughout my diet. Now that I am back to normal eating, mostly, the fruits that I eat are spiking it a bit. I'll figure that out. I encourage anyone who has the inclination to make it happen. Get on a structured plan and JUST DO IT! As Michael Jordan might say. I'll never go back. I weigh myself every day. I have a plus or minus goal of 2 lbs to stay within my weight. I wish you all good health and happiness.

That's fantastic, well done - I've been low carbing and have lost 25lbs but need to lose another 25lbs at least. It's funny how the foods we are told are good for us (eg fruit) aren't always for everyone.
  • Ciler_mcj
    Ciler_mcj Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!