Transferring leftover calories?

Options
just curious if my calorie intake is set at 2000 to lose weight ( with lots of excercise) , and I eat 1800 , will it effect my progress by transferring the extra 200 to the next day to make 2200? Vice versa ?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    No. Many people follow a weekly deficit rather than daily.
  • cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Nope :) some days I'll overeat a little and take away some from the next day's calories.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Nope. I have been doing that since I started MFP and have lost 34+ pounds. Approximately 3500 calorie deficit per week to lose one pound. That works any way you slice it.
  • dwolfe1985
    dwolfe1985 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    cosmo_momo wrote: »
    Nope :) some days I'll overeat a little and take away some from the next day's calories.

This! when i first started dieting I was constantly overeating and rolling over calories till the next day lol. Shouldn't matter as long as your weekly deficit matches.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    as others have said...nope.

I often look at my weekly totals (I prelog my week on Sunday) to see if I have leeway on the weekend coming up...but I don't transfer weekly deficit past Saturday....but that's a thing for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    just curious if my calorie intake is set at 2000 to lose weight ( with lots of excercise) , and I eat 1800 , will it effect my progress by transferring the extra 200 to the next day to make 2200? Vice versa ?

No...our brains work on a 24 hour clock, our body's don't. There is no reset at midnight or anything...as far as your body is concerned, it's a continuum of feeding and burning...

That said, If you're exercising a lot it is really important to give your body fuel and nutrients in a timely manner for proper recovery and repair.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    as others have said...nope.

I often look at my weekly totals (I prelog my week on Sunday) to see if I have leeway on the weekend coming up...but I don't transfer weekly deficit past Saturday....but that's a thing for me.

That's how I do it--based on the week but not past Saturday. (I am impressed by your ability to prelog for the week.)