Nursing Mama

Options
hey im shelly

im just consistently getting back to tracking after having a beautiful baby boy in January. we are breastfeeding and just wondering if there are any other nursing mamas or mamas in general that would like to be friends! i am looking for positive support to lose some baby weight and be healthy mama!

Replies

• lfallada
    lfallada Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nursing here. Had my baby boy in December. Started doing the 21day fix 6 weeks ago and dropped 20 pounds so far :)
  • Dixietrink82
    Dixietrink82 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    nursing Mom here too...we're 8 months in and after a trip to the zoo and wanting to delete pictures, I decided to restart myfitnesspal again
  • yayasommers
    yayasommers Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a nursing mama as well, just had my baby boy the end of January. I'm 8lbs from my pre-preggo weight, but 35lbs from my ultimate goal.
  • cameomichelle13
    cameomichelle13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nursing Mamma over here as well! Just had my precious lil boy in February and would love to have some friends in the same boat! Really wanting to lose weight and tone up! :smiley:
  • mishelly2300
    mishelly2300 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your little ones & for nursing! Let's get fit for our littles! If you need support, to vent, want a clap on the back or a kick in the butt I'll be here for you whether its for fitness or nursing!
  • stephanielajoie391
    Options
    I'm nursing :) had my daughter in January. I know we're supposed to have 500 more calories then usual or the body goes into "starvation" but to lose weight it's giving me less calories lol is there an option for nursing moms?
  • Sarai145
    Sarai145 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm a nursing new mom of a 5.5 month old baby boy. I am trying my hardest to lose weight and get healthy before my 30th birthday in October.

Add me if you want help staying accountable!
  • jbkgray9
    jbkgray9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a nursing mama also. Just had my baby Jan 2015 and I'm getting back into the swing of things! I am not so much focused on losing a certain amount of weight, I just want to feel good about the way I look. Good luck mamas!!
  • Ashleyroberts297
    Ashleyroberts297 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am back on here after having a baby.. Need to loose the weight and get to my goal but safely! All friends and help would be nice :-) x
  • ashambaugh101
    ashambaugh101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had my baby back in July and am nursing her and trying to lose 100 more pounds. I lost 30 right after I had her from nursing but have gained some back. Would love to join ya
  • kaylamariia
    kaylamariia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nursing here too! Had my baby girl Feb. 23rd and I've lost my baby weight plus some, but I have a goal of 115 so I have 14 more pounds to go. The more support the better!
  • kaylamariia
    kaylamariia Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing :) had my daughter in January. I know we're supposed to have 500 more calories then usual or the body goes into "starvation" but to lose weight it's giving me less calories lol is there an option for nursing moms?

I was wondering about this, I'm only eating 1200 a day and sometimes less
  • cameomichelle13
    cameomichelle13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What I do is set everything up normal and then everyday I add my own Cardio "Breastfeeding" and put that it burns 500 calories...itll add into everything
  • SueColdwell
    SueColdwell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to this group, this diet and this is my first ever MFP post!! I'm 43, live on the south coast of England and am a nursing mum to a beautiful 19 month old girl, Bonnie.

Now she's running around I finally decided that it was time to lose my excess 40lbs so I have the energy to keep up with her!

As I'm not exclusively breastfeeding I add 300 calories a day by putting breastfeeding in as exercise. We walk as much as possible and I try to do 10,000 steps a day. I work two 12 hour shifts a week on a maternity ward as a care assistant (I love my job!) and am not sure how to figure out my calorie allowance when I'm working a night shift but they're few and far between and I'm sure it'll work out.

I haven't lost any weight through breastfeeding, even after 19 months, so am clinging on to the hope that I'm one of those women that holds on to 10lbs until they stop nursing. Till then I'm going to do all I can to lose 40lb by Christmas.

Sorry for prattling on! Bonnie's having her morning nap so I have time to myself for a change LOL!

Good luck to everyone. I think we're already amazing for breastfeeding our babies, so adding weight loss to that makes us super mums! X
  • Denisegp37
    Denisegp37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow mamas! I am nursing my second...baby boy born March 28. I was overweight before I had him and need to really watch my weight. Only doing light walking til my 6 week appointment. Would love to connect with other moms so we can support each other.
  • not_your_childhood_dog_sadie
    Options
    Nursing mama here! My little guy is 22 months. I have gained about 10 pounds since he was born. I was very active before and have been mostly sedentary since he was born. Overall, I have about 50 pounds to lose. I'm being very careful about it, as I have gained & lost significant amounts of weight in the past, and my aim this time is to break the cycle of yo-yo dieting and slowly lose & maintain it.

I also add breastfeeding as "cardio." However, since the estimate isn't perfect, I check in with myself to see if I am still really, legitimately hungry after all my calories are used up, and if I am, I eat a healthy snack. My experience with MFP so far has been that I lose faster than it predicts for the number of calories it gives me, and I am really focused on slow loss this time.