Rewards for weight loss ?

Options
124»

Replies

• mollyyy125
    mollyyy125 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My job actually has this site where you input all of your daily health and wellness activities and earn points for them. You redeem points for merchandise, or if you save them up long enough, gift cards! I've earned $150 in gift cards already this year! I use this to reward myself, which is great because it's someone else's money :)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    mollyyy125 wrote: »
    My job actually has this site where you input all of your daily health and wellness activities and earn points for them. You redeem points for merchandise, or if you save them up long enough, gift cards! I've earned $150 in gift cards already this year! I use this to reward myself, which is great because it's someone else's money :)

Can you get me a job there????
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My rewards are mostly food-oriented, I'll be honest. It just helps me to know I can treat myself to something naughty.
    Rewards I have thought about but not actually set a goal for are: having a boudoir photoshoot and putting one of the pictures on our bedroom wall, and getting a breast uplift to restore my bust to at least WHERE it should be.
    But these are both hazy 'maybe one day when I've lost another 50lbs' thoughts.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    When I was losing weight my reward was buying Lululemon clothes. Now that I'm in maintenance/bulking I have no reason to continue but do so anyway.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't plan rewards at any certain milestone, but I have relaxed and allowed myself to get things I want/need instead of buying stuff the kids don't need or early shopping bday, Christmas presents, etc.

I found a sale the other day and bought myself asics running shoes, better socks and a pair of summer sandals. I have also recently bought activewear wicking material (on sale cheap clearance) to make myself some running skirts and matching tank tops. ...those I couldn't justify the ridiculously high cost of ready to wear brand name. I mean it's just a very simple skirt over some shorts or leggings lol. I'm ok exercising in my home, but getting out in public running I needed some better options cuz nobody wants to see all this flopping around. :p

I've worked hard and deserve some treats to help me continue B)
  • Harold76
    Harold76 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a Reverse Flash t-shirt for my 30lbs lost milestone. Next milestone is to get under 200lbs. Not sure what that reward will be. Maybe a new utilikilt, since my current one will probably be too big.
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hmm I reward myself if and when I feel like it. Funny I have never linked it to weight lost. One day - when I am 2 sizes slimmer I will treat myself to a dress of my choice and not one that I buy just because it fits.
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have about 20 more pounds until my second goal weight. When I hit it I'm getting my hair done, mani, pedi and new clothes. I haven't thought about other goal weight rewards yet.

My final goal weight when reached, my husband promised I can get my skin removal surgery and some new plus 2's aka boobies! That's definitely a huge motivator.
  • MizzMaamI1
    MizzMaamI1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Of course a shopping spree! Wardrobe, shoes, maybe a new designer bag. New wedding photos and family photos.
  • bingo_jenn
    bingo_jenn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have goals every 5 pounds. Right now, it's:
    Dress
    music album
    Coffee go mug
    lipstick
    cooking class
    New outfit
    New set of bras
    At goal: really awesome cowboy boots

Last time I lost weight, everything was clothing related, so I have a bunch of "new" clothes that I just need to fit back into. :P
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    So far my only rewards have been new clothes. I kind of am rewarding myself this summer with a vacation (haven't decided what yet) but that is as much a function of being more healthy and active as it is a reward. I am either going to go kayaking at the Apostle Islands (Lake Superior off the northern shore of Wisconsin) or get a cabin on a lake for a week. I went up to the Apostle Islands this past winter to hike to the ice caves.

Oh, I also rewarded myself with a new camera so I can get progress photos.
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    After first 10, got a new haircut, new sneakers; after next 10 I think I'll need a new pair of jeans... Next 10, we'll see! It's not necessarily a motivator for me, more like a little pat on the back... It doesn't compare to the reward of how great I'm feeling, though.
  • Bigkmc
    Bigkmc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well for me it will be a new wardrobe and a new tattoo :smile:

And for those who do use and need the extra inspiration, well done for keeping motivated and keep up the good work!
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    TiffanyR71 wrote: »
    After first 10, got a new haircut, new sneakers; after next 10 I think I'll need a new pair of jeans... Next 10, we'll see! It's not necessarily a motivator for me, more like a little pat on the back... It doesn't compare to the reward of how great I'm feeling, though.

Yup, Im a leaving my reward till the first ten....then 7llb increments...
    My first reward? Yet to come? I have no idea...........!!!
  • dalem48
    dalem48 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Not being overweight should be a reward in itself.

THIS!!