Zumba...

there's gotta be plenty of you out there doing Zumba ,, I haven't tried yet but would love to ... How do you like it ?

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    I really like it, but I find that my enjoyment (and calorie burn) depends on the instructor.
  • tbfron
    tbfron Posts: 1 Member
    Loved Zumba. I had a fantastic instructor...very passionate with a positive attitude.
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    I love Zumba! I'm finishing up grad school next month and my next project is to become a certified Zumba instructor!
  • Blazing_Brunette
    Blazing_Brunette Posts: 217 Member
    Congrats and that's cool ... Do what does it take to be an instructor?
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    I really like it, but I find that my enjoyment (and calorie burn) depends on the instructor.

agreed Agreed AGREED! There is one instructor at my gym and I will not waste my time on any of her classses. If I'm there and it turns out she's subbing... I will leave and find something else to do because she is so awful.
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member

Agreed. I recently switched from Zumba to Body Pump because my gym replaced my Zumba instructor with a new one who's so obnoxious I can't stand being in the same room with her.

• Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    lisa68XX wrote: »
    Congrats and that's cool ... Do what does it take to be an instructor?

If you go to the "official" Zumba website there are training classes to be an instructor. My instructor, who is amazing, came up to me after class to ask if I'd be interested in being an instructor and told me she'd help me out. If you're interested I'd talk to your instructor!

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    I liked it when I did it but it got crowded and I prefer to spend my time lifting instead...
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    I like it a lot! As with any dance class, the instructor is so important. I went to one that was taught by an instructor who was clearly a ballerina, and it just did not work. I would love it if she did a barre class, but zumba no.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    I love doing Zumba!! I do the Youtube videos at home, and when I try new songs and I don't get the steps... it's ok that I mess up, but I keep trying while I crack up!! :laugh:
  • Allie_1210
    Allie_1210 Posts: 2 Member
    I have lost 68lbs. from Zumba alone!! Im a stay at home mommy of 2 wild boys so the classes werent an option. I own a Wii & have 3 zumba games that i did at first. Just recently i bought the older dvds & i have been doing those. I love those more than the games!! Ive also tried the youtube videos & i agree they will crack u up but thats what makes it fun for me :) im down another 13lbs this month from Zumba!! Love it :)
  • missmelis98
    missmelis98 Posts: 31 Member
    I love zumba . I have lost 83 pounds in the last 8 months doing it. I burn an average 500 calories for a 50 minute class. I go four times a week. It is super fun and my classes all use popular music which is a plus. I have no coordination and I can still do it. I love it.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    I also love Zumba and agree with other comments in that, it really depends on your instructor and the music they play. It's a combination. Plus they need to have a certain energy and presence for me. Other than that, it's fabulous. Never feels like I'm working out and the hour goes by super quick. I try to go as hard as I can and if I don't know how to do a certain move, I keep moving. I wear my HRM when I go and I usually burn 600 cals in 60 mins. Sometimes 700. Great burns!
  • NattySchmatty
    NattySchmatty Posts: 103 Member
    I absolutely love Zumba. I follow Linda Edler and use her YouTube and Facebook videos. I'm 18lbs down and that is pretty much what I use exclusively for cardio. I have tried the classes but I found I prefer being at home. I am more at ease and seem to get into more and my burn is better.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    I found when I first started Zumba, I hated it. I was lost, didn't know the moves, and I thought my lungs would explode. My advice, stick with it. Once I got the moves down and increased my stamina it became my favorite activity! It's a great exercise!! Good luck!