Carnivore on the Rampage

Options
tiffany04170417
tiffany04170417 Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
Im craving meat sooo bad but cant figure out why or howvto curve it...bloodwork shows no deficiencies. Help Anyone? :#

Replies

• 77natalie77
    77natalie77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Why can't you eat meat? If its for ethical reasons, I'm totally on board with you, but in terms of calories and health, a little bit of meat can be good for you in moderation. If you really don't want to eat meat, there's some delicious non dairy powdered cashew cheese stuff, which has nutritional yeast in it. The yeast helps treat the craving and the cashews provide a little protein and a lot of iron, which are nutrients one can get from meat. If you can't find that product, try and eat something salty and with protein.
  • tiffany04170417
    Options
    Thank you for the reply....lol I guess I shouldve clarified a little better than I did, im new to this. I eat meat but its likevtrying to fill a void. Say that for example I eat a steak or every once in a while a burger, if I eat a single burger I feel super unsatisfied as far as craving goes like I should have had triple meat even if I filled up on extra veggies. (Almost like a pregnant woman trying to fill a void..and im not pregnant)To my knowledge my iron and protien levels are good but I cant figure out what else it could be...unless its my mind playing tricks because I cut my intake down. I do eat meat or fish with every major meal along with the other foods so...im lost
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Eating Well's 3 bean chili. It has tons of vegetables which bulk up the volume but the meat flavors the whole dish. You get a satisfying serving size without tons of calories. I also bulk up burgers with onion, bell peppers and celery.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    This might sound really weird, but have you thought about splurging on some nice grass-fed organic beef and cooking it less? Told you it would sound weird, but when I have a craving for beef it can't be anything but super rare in order to satisfy me.
  • tiffany04170417
    Options
    Thank you so much for the replies. I will try some of those ideas and see if it helps. I dont know if I can do rare meat but I can definitely switch to organic. Thanks so much for the advice you guys I will try these out this week and post some feedback.
  • ConanSonja
    ConanSonja Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Eat as much meat as you like. You cannot get fat eating meat. Even if your day consisted of eating nothing but meat, you'll feel amazing and so full but not bloated. It's great :p
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    ConanSonja wrote: »
    Eat as much meat as you like. You cannot get fat eating meat. Even if your day consisted of eating nothing but meat, you'll feel amazing and so full but not bloated. It's great :p

Yes you can get fat eating meat!
    Weigh your portion and eat within your deficit.