My progress pictures look like nothing's changed.

Options
So, to help motivate myself, I took pictures of myself in my bra and underwear just shortly after starting to count calories and exercise, and then every six weeks or so after. I have three sets currently, and will make a fourth addition in another couple of weeks.

I've lost about 15 pounds - went from 178 pounds to 163.

I can't really see any difference at all. In fact, the last time, I was just ashamed looking at my most recent progress pics. I still looked SO fat, like JUST as fat as before.

When will I finally look normal? Where did the weight go if I still see it in all my pictures? Even side by side I see it.

I don't want to share these pictures due to the nature of undress in them.

Replies

• chickabelle
    chickabelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You lost 15 pounds be proud of that.You are on the right path, don't get discouraged. Sometimes when your looking at your own picture people tend to judge themselves too critically. Take your measurement and you will start to see a change. :)
  • jazzybee513
    jazzybee513 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Normal is relative. I second chickabelle, BE PROUD! You will visibly slim down eventually. If you're really concerned, try exercises that tone muscle. Losing 15 pounds is a wonderful thing. Maybe try doing a B&A with more clothes on so we can see and tell you how awesome you look!!
  • ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I am almost at my goal and no one has noticed! I 've had to buy new pants because the old ones were falling off and once I put on pants that fit I felt like I hadn't lost a pound, but I've kept with it everyday because I know someday someone will say Wow you look great! Maybe someday I will say Wow I look great! If I keep my eye on the prize, and I will eventually see the results.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that you aren't noticing a change because you are focusing on what you don't like? I only noticed a change so far in my rib area only when I was laying down because it felt/looked different. Don't worry, you'll see a change and great job with losing 15 pounds!
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Elle, 15lbs is great, no your not going to see a dramatic change but slowly but surely they will come. I recommend not only that you weigh yourself but measure yourself all over also once a month. theyre you will see where the real numbers are changing
  • ElleEstEllie
    ElleEstEllie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it probably is something I'm seeing (or NOT seeing!) in myself... other people in my life have mentioned it and my clothes do definitely feel way looser. I think I better stop being so judgmental of myself. Geesh I'm never this way about other people.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements? It could just be that your'e losing evenly all over, so your shape still looks the same, but your'e getting smaller
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    First congrats on the 15lbs! That is awesome! I will speak from my experience that many people were seeing a change before I did. I think around 15-20 lbs people saw a change in me. I didn't see it until around 25-30lbs. Actually sometimes I will still see the overweight and unhealthy person in the mirror. I think our minds will play tricks on us. Keep up the good work!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    my weight loss wasn't really noticeable for a while. The difference between the 225 me and the 205 me wasn't all that great. But when I got down to about 185, that's when people noticed and commented. That's 40 lbs from my starting weight, before it was distinctly noticeable. It probably won't be 40 lbs for you, but you just have to not let it discourage you.

be proud of what you have done and continue to do it - it will come.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    All through the process I have had to use various visual motivators or things to help calm myself :)

Think of the fat as ice that is melting from the inside out, while it is changing it can't be seen just yet then once the outer shell is given way it starts a new process as water and over time that too will evaporate . . . or something like that.

I know for myself, my body would feel different, sort of squishy at times and then firm up and go through that process again while I was losing the bulk of my weight. You know you are losing because the scale is telling you that you are. Plus we always focus on our problem areas and miss the other areas that are changing when we look at ourselves.

Don't give up it will happen, you are very brave for taking those photos and keep that up because they will be priceless one day!