Wii, PS3, XBox Games

Options
I was thinking about investing in some of the Just Dance &/or Zumba games, does anyone have any opinions, recommendations or advice concerning games like these? And just to mention, I usually do Leslie Sansone and that's pretty low impact, my joints can't take too much bending and so forth. Thanks!

Replies

• MrRex_91
    MrRex_91 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I play Just Dance 4 on my WiiU! If you play it in Workout mode it breaks up the songs with intervals of a mini routine, including warm-up and cool-down. I generally stick to the aerobic one because I have poor knees. You can pick the workout time (either 10, 25, or 45mins) and it counts the calories for you so you can input it here under cardio. I generally use it as a substitute for when I'm not feeling well enough to do a full workout.

I just bought Zumba for the Wii and it seems very difficult and a tad hard to follow. But I've only just bought and it and tried it once, so hopefully in a little more time I can get going on it.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Not a huge calorie burner, but if you're trying to get more steps in Wii Walk it Out is fun (it's very low impact). Basically you march in place & earn points to build an island. It's fun to find all the pieces.

Re: joints....are you working out on carpet? My concern with Zumba (don't have it) - but twisty things and carpet doesn't work for me. Maybe you can find a video store that rents games....you could test drive a couple of these.

Another low impact suggestion: I use Leslie too on a rebounder (mini trampoline). This will bring up the intensity level and still be low impact.
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for your input. I think I'll pass on the Zumba and try another Just Dance & Walk It Out. And yes, I do workout on carpet. Renting sounds like a great idea! Didn't even think of that! Thanks again!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I love the Gold's Gym kickboxing for the WII. Its a great workout and there are a variety of levels available.