My First NSV.

Options
AllyS7
AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
So my husband took me to TJ MAXX today. (Love that store, by the way...) Anywho, I decided while he was shopping, I'd try on some jeans for fun. I picked up a pair of 6's, 4's and 2's just to see how tight they were (at the beginning of this journey I was a 8/10) and the 2's FIT! WHAT THE?!? I was so excited! However, I looked ridiculous because the 2's were 'skinny jeans' and I looked like an oompa loompa because my ankles and calves are so much smaller than my hips/thighs!

But YAY ME!

Replies

• Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Way to go. Shopping is so much fun when the diets are working.
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!!
  • tmontgomery69
    tmontgomery69 Posts: 180
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

I started this journey as a size 12 now I'm down to 8's. I gave my sister 2 1/2 garbage bags FULL of size 10 & 12 jeans. Now I need to go shopping for new jeans that fit me. :happy:
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I take it the "oompa loompa" look wasn't you?

Have fun looking for your non-skinny skinny jeans! (if that made sense?!)
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    HOORAY FOR YOU!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    Great going!
  • delilah122
    delilah122 Posts: 41
    Options
    I'd like to offer congrats to the young lady who started this thread... great work! However, I'm going to risk looking really stupid by asking what NSV stands for... I've seen it on the boards before and don't know what it means.
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    , I'm going to risk looking really stupid by asking what NSV stands for...

Thanks for asking.
    I have no idea either!

I'd guess
    New
    Size
    Victory

but I'm wondering also!
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I'd like to offer congrats to the young lady who started this thread... great work! However, I'm going to risk looking really stupid by asking what NSV stands for... I've seen it on the boards before and don't know what it means.

Non-scale victory. Anything you're proud of or happy about that doesn't have to do with the number on the scale.
  • daveelamp
    daveelamp Posts: 43
    Options
    good work Ally. you look amazing
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    WOW, WOW, WOW!!!! I am seriously so happy for you. Your story is my "positive visualization' scenario; I am soooooo looking forward to being able to do just that and when I do, I'm going on a shopping spree. Kudos to you.
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    That's awesome! Keep up the good work
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!