Healthy Camping?

Options
kika_mckee
kika_mckee Posts: 126 Member
We are getting ready to start our camping season and I was wondering if anyone has any favorite healthy camping/campfire recipes. Thanks!

Replies

• gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Grilled chicken, grilled steaks, grilled chicken sausage, grilled pork loin/chops, grilled veggies. grilled fruit. I also bring pre-made bags of salad. eggs. boiled eggs. I've made whole grain pasta salads with lots of chopped veggies and a light on the oil vinagrette. we have a travel trailer though- with a good sized fridge inside and a bar sized fridge in an outdoor kitchen compartment, plus we put lots of stuff in a huge cooler with ice(drinks that won't spoil mainly). You have to get creative if you're "roughing it" with just coolers and ice.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I love banana boats. You open part of the banana up and cut a wedge out. Put whatever you want in the part you cut out. I like to put a few pieces of chocolate. Pull the peal back up, wrap it up in aluminum foil and put it near some coals. Very tasty!
  • AntsyAngler
    AntsyAngler Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    We always pack a huge veggie tray with everything from jicama, broccoli, green onions, carrots, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, sliced yams, cucumbers, etc with a container of dressing for dip. On the last day of camping I use the last of the veggies to throw into soup. On a water tight container the veggies last for a few days in the cooler.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Grilled fish and veggie packets with a ginger sauce is our go to.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    grilled meats, fruits and veggies for snacks, salad with dinner, make a big pot of veggie soup