Sweaty Monster on Strength Machines

Options
After I do my cardio, I am a sweaty monster. Literally soaking. I cannot drape myself all over all the equipment in the gym when I'm leaking like a faucet all over everything. What do you do when you're sweaty and you want to do strength machines? Should I do strength training first and cardio last?

Replies

• kwatters63
    kwatters63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Personally I do 10 minutes cardiovascular warm up, my weights and then cardiovascular if I have anything left. I am still sweating all over the equipment so don't worry about it. Just wipe it off when done and move on.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I do cardio and weight training on different days....

Beyond that, that's why they have towels and cleaner so you can spray and wipe down the machines when you're done. I don't have to do cardio to be sweating all over the place...I lift and i sweat...so do most people...just wipe down the equipment like you're supposed to.
  • kampshoff
    kampshoff Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wipe the equipment down, it's no big deal. I do that even when I'm not a sweaty monster, out of courtesy, and it's an easy nonverbal signal to whomever is waiting that you're done with the equipment.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Just wipe stuff off when you are done. I promise that you will not be the first or only sweaty person to use the machines at the gym.
  • activgrl
    activgrl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You should do strength after cardio. Start with a 5-10 minute light cardio warmup, and then do strength. You will have better form and energy to push through the muscle workout and increase weight. If you are sweaty after your light cardio, just wipe the machines down or bring a towel to drape over it while you're on it.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I bring a towel and I’ll use their sanitary wipes to wipe down the equipment when I’m done.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    activgrl wrote: »
    You should do strength after cardio. Start with a 5-10 minute light cardio warmup, and then do strength. You will have better form and energy to push through the muscle workout and increase weight. If you are sweaty after your light cardio, just wipe the machines down or bring a towel to drape over it while you're on it.

I never do cardio before weights. I do a few stretches, and then hit the barbell.

OP: Just wipe them down afterwards if you want to do cardio first. However, you could certainly start with the weights first as well.
  • BellaGettinFit
    BellaGettinFit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. i guess i have anxiety over nothing. everyone sweats at the gym.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. i guess i have anxiety over nothing. everyone sweats at the gym.

then theres me who just turns bright red and looks like im having a heart attack LOLOLOL

just wipe it down after, no biggie. ;)
  • Mcrae22
    Mcrae22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bring a change of clothes
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I do strength training first. My form would suffer and I would get a lower quality lifting session if I did cardio first.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I put a towel down and use the wipes they supply after to wipe up any sweat I left behind. Although I usually don't lift after cardio, there are times I do. I just have a towel and put it down. Wipe off the machine after with the wipes they supply to do that.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just spray it and wipe down, or drape your own personal towel over where your body would make contact with the padding so that way the sweat marks aren't as obvious, but still need to wipe down the handles and what not. :)