Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

nightfeeder

I find myself in the evenings having quite a few cravings. I usually do pretty good during the day but the evening time is my most difficult time. I read in one discussion someone had put reducing your fats will actually decrease your appetite in the evening. I've also done the more protein thing, obviously limiting carbs. just wondered if anybody else experienced that and what was successful for them.

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Why would you "obviously" limit carbs? The only thing you need to limit are your calories. I make sure I have enough calories at the end of the day to have a nighttime snack.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Save up some calories during the day for a nice snack.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    I either skip breakfast or eat a light one, same with lunch, as I'm so busy during the day it's okay not to eat much. But come night time, I'm hungry! So I save up my calories for dinner, and eat it as late as I can stand it. No more munchies, and pounds dropping.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Structure your day so you have plenty of calories for the evening.

For me, personal preference dictates I eat most of my calories in the evening and before bed.
  • sexysize12
    sexysize12 Posts: 105 Member
    I have a big breakfast and lunch and lite dinner and snack after dinner to keep me going. Structure your calories throughout the day which ever way is best dor you so you're sastisfied, I find that if I had enough to eat and I still want to chew something, I will chew sugar free gum and or drink tea. Keep up the good work.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Pre-log your evening snacks. That way, you will be able to eat them, and they'll be in your calorie goal. If it's not in your plan, don't eat it.
  • DewMan13
    DewMan13 Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you all for your insight
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    cityruss wrote: »
    Structure your day so you have plenty of calories for the evening.

For me, personal preference dictates I eat most of my calories in the evening and before bed.

+1. Nothing like going to bed satisfied...
  • phxhiker
    phxhiker Posts: 22 Member
    Choose evening snacks wisely as well. You want to avoid spiking your insulin since this will only cause you to feel hungry again when it crashes.