Please help me resist!!!

Options
Gerkenstein
Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
I've been doing great for about 2 weeks solid, then today my new scale came and read my weight 3lbs heavier than my last. Not a great start to my day. :grumble:

Then today at lunch it was a work pitch-in. Did fine w/ my first plate...then came the white cake with buttercream frosting... I was good, took half a piece...then came back an hour later for a whole piece. :mad:

Now I'm stuck in this pit beating myself up for eating the cake in the first place and everyone in the office is raving about these little chocolate cupcakes. Oh, they smell so good and chocolate sounds so tasty....BUT I CAN'T! I have bootcamp tonight and am doing an extra workout to burn off the 600+ cals that I've already eaten and SHOULDN'T have! :explode:

I will NOT be in the negative today! PLEASE GIVE ME STRENGTH, MFP! Leave a little message or just bump to let me know you're supporting me.

XOXO

Replies

• katslosingit
    katslosingit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! Resist Resist Resist! :)
  • catmandoodle
    catmandoodle Posts: 117
    Options
    I bet if you weighed yourself on your old scale you would not have gained any weight and perhaps would have lost. No 2 scales are the same. Don't beat yourself up for having extra cake. Just get back on track.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hugs!
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Struggling like you today, let's compete to see who can get through the day without blowing it further. We won't be over, we won't be over, we won't be over!!!!!:noway:
  • amazondan
    amazondan Posts: 35
    Options
    Alright. Stubbed your toe today. Tomorrow is a new day. If you have time to burn 600 calories tonight, do it. If not, just put this one behind you.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Just Don't Do It!!!!! Sugar is a gateway drug! Buttercream frosting is evil!

You made the choice to have the cake; ok, I respect that, I'm unable to resist buttercream frosting myself.

Stop there. Right now. Do something else, drink some water, go walk around, get your head out of the cupcakes. If they're so close that you can smell them, get up and move, or close up the box and move it away from you. Chew a piece of gum (cinammon's my favorite). Go do squats in the bathroom. Get outside.

You can do this. Just ride it out for a few more hours and the urge WILL go away. If you're having a sugar craving, grab a banana or something. Those cupcakes aren't going to taste as good as you think they will. I promise you, they won't.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Scales are different, so don't beat yourself up over a weight gain when using a new scale. When our gym switched from their old scale to the new one - my weight went up by 5lbs. I was devastated. Then I started getting errors and I realized that this new, "better" scale actually sucks. So, I went and bought a cheap analog scale for home. Guess what? The one at the gym is 5lbs heavier than the one I have at home (and the one I have at home matches what the old gym scale said!). So, I wouldn't worry too much. Scales DO vary and sometimes by a lot.

As for the cake. What's done is done. No beating yourself up. Log it into your calories the best you can and move forward. Berating yourself for it will only cause you to spiral downward. We are all human and this is a journey. Live and learn is how I see it (here's my example: I was craving starburst candy the other day at work, so I got some. Ate the entire package -- to the tune of 240 calories - well, within an hour or so of eating it -- I had the WORST stomachache. I won't eat them again. Not because of the calories or the sugar or anything - simply because I didn't like how I felt afterward!).
  • mnskagirl
    mnskagirl Posts: 9
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up girl!! Hang in there you are doing great!!!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cupcakes are NASTY! Ewwwww....they look like poop!!!!! Stay away!
  • RubyA2011
    RubyA2011 Posts: 66
    Options
    Totally agree with what everyone else said about scales. so dont sweat it!

As for the cake...a little of what you fancy does you good just keep it in moderation. You cant go back and not eat it now but maybe learn for next time and resist from the start.

I dont believe in not eating what i want which ok is kinda why im on here now but i also know if i cut out all the foods i love i will fail at this and failing is not an option for me this time.
    Just do your work out later and be extra good for a few days to make up for it.

Big Hugs ;0)
  • WifedUpMartin
    WifedUpMartin Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You got this Sarah! I'm resisting a trip to the vending machien with all my might right now! We can hang in there! It will feel so much better when we've gone home and can be proud that we didn't give in! Hang tough with me!
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You can do this !!! Bump
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping to show my support! We've all been there; made some slip that we totally regret! :flowerforyou:
  • dnytna
    dnytna Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just keeping telling yourself - it will never taste as good as thin feels!
  • clay1976
    clay1976 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i like that you said you don't want to be negative today ,and for that matter is never good to be talking to yourself negative at all.
    As about that cake don't beat yourself up, was not the best choice going twice ,but don't continue with the rest of treats in the office. And if your office have treats often , you come prepared with your own treats and make sure you eat a good lunch . And some time is the time of the day is like a habit that you feel i have no choice, but you do have it in the power of your hand to change
    that habit. Is like a new path that you have to make and more you walk on it more visible the path will be and soon you will be walking less in the old path , you have to see yourself there feeling good strong and more wiser because you learned that a shortcut will not do it in the long run. You can do it , is not about deprivation is about you, living your life to the full and you are deserving of that.
  • kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    We have all been there - it is tomorrow that counts, don't beat yourself up it only feeds negative thoughts! YOU WILL GET THERE!!!!
  • Yori1
    Yori1 Posts: 142
    Options
    Bump :bigsmile:
  • laughteroutofplace
    laughteroutofplace Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can beat temptation. One thing I do when I want to eat something bad and know I shouldn't is squeeze my muscles for a few second. Just tighten your whole body, arms, butt, abs, everything. It may sound strange but it makes me aware of my body and it reminds me of what I'm working hard for. It's not guaranteed but it works for me most of the time.
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! We all have our down days, but don't let it throw you off too much!! :flowerforyou:
  • angeljamin
    angeljamin Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cupcakes are NASTY! Ewwwww....they look like poop!!!!! Stay away!

Awesome! :tongue: