New to dieting.. Correction ready to make a lifestyle change

Options
smiller3588
smiller3588 Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I'm ready to start my lifestyle change! As a child I was always overweight. Unfortunetly my family wasnt too into caring about what or how much we ate. I started to thin out in my later teen years after highschool and ended up pregnant at 19 by my highschool sweetheart. Now more overweight than ever I have been trying desperately to lose weight. My number one struggle is trying to eat less. My current living situation makes it hard to stay on track with eating since our household prepares meals together. I don't have much support here at home so I have decided to join this community in search of some others also on the same lifelong journey. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• Betsey206
    Betsey206 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you.
  • Yoopermom73
    Yoopermom73 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Remember, i find it easier to call it a "life style change" .. Seems as tho when i say I am dieting I always want to eat everything under the sun. Make sure you drink lots of water!
  • smiller3588
    smiller3588 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a bad habit of saying "dieting". I need to get that word out of my vocabulary. I really like that term "lifestyle change" :)
  • blabrecque_xo
    blabrecque_xo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Remember, it's not a diet it's a lifestyle change. And it's not about eating less, it's about eating more of the right things!
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Well... I would personally say that you need to get used to being hungry. You will notice after a while that what you thought felt like being hungry isn't really. Say adios to the being stuffed feeling. Once I understood and accepted that, it was way easier for me to get started. After all, we are eating at a deficit and it is normal to be uncomfortable at first when we are used to indulge and abuse food for most of our life. Good luck on your journey! I was in the best shape of my life before I got pregnant with my baby girl, and went up to 200lbs in the process. She is turning one next month and I am finally back to a healthy weight, with 20lbs more to go to reach my pre-pregnancy weight. It wasn't an easy journey at all, but I've learned a lot through this process. You can do it too! :)