I'm Just a Lazy Butt or is it something else

Options
kdvia
kdvia Posts: 18 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm sure I'm not the only one who falls into a rut and cant seem to get out ! I know what it takes to get healthy ...heck I tell others and the weight just falls off them... but when it comes to applying it to myself it like How am i going to do this ? its so frustrating !!!! Anyone find themselves in this situation ???

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    You need something that drives you.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I've definitely given out advice that I struggled to follow myself. Sometimes it makes it even harder because there is ego involved that makes you want to avoid even more. All I can say is that it feels GREAT to be on the other side! Sometimes it starts with a hard look at yourself and how you want to live your life. Sometimes it takes setting your ego aside and really listening to others and trying something new. Sometimes it takes letting yourself feel the pain full on instead of distracting from it.

Good luck!
  • kdvia
    Options
    Maybe so... sounds logical ... Now to find that drive.... I know I am tired of being overweight and unhealthy , Thank you for your input Joejccva71
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    kdvia wrote: »
    Maybe so... sounds logical ... Now to find that drive.... I know I am tired of being overweight and unhealthy , Thank you for your input Joejccva71

Once you get over that initial hump and you start to see yourself fitting into smaller clothes, that alone is a motivator to continue.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    It's definitely hard. There are so many days I just want to glue my butt to the couch and not get up until it's time for bed. Other days I'm not lazy...I just want to eat a bunch of junk. LOL. What I did is I took a picture of myself when I started and a picture of someone who has a body similar to the one I want mine to look like. And I look at them (EVERY DAY) and remind myself that not putting in work will not lead me to that "after" picture. Hang in there...we all have good days and bad days.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Just do it. It sound cliche but its really not. there is no magic pill, saying or formula...sometimes you feel driven sometimes you feel motivated and sometimes you dont. its discipline. you just do it. regardless of how you feel or what you think...you just do it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    joejccva71 wrote: »

This ^^

It's much easier when there is something driving you change. Without drive, it's a chore. And yes OP, I struggle with this.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You just have to want it more than being lazy or eating that one thing that will taste REALLY good, but will put you over your calories. It's 100% mental. You just have to trust that giving up a few things now, will pay off big time in the future.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Think about why you want to lose weight. Get a dress or a pair of shorts that you'd like to fit into and hang them up in your room. Have a folder of bikini models in your phone. Something that can help you visualize your goal and remind you why you want to get there. Good luck :]
  • SillyCat1975
    SillyCat1975 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    kandell wrote: »
    Think about why you want to lose weight. Get a dress or a pair of shorts that you'd like to fit into and hang them up in your room. Have a folder of bikini models in your phone. Something that can help you visualize your goal and remind you why you want to get there. Good luck :]

Awesome Ideal!

• 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have been there before, several times. I have a friend now who also wants to lose and get fit; we motivate each other and go to the gym together. I feel like this time is different, that I can actually do it (hopefully not jinxing myself :# ). Find some form of exercise you like to do, and buy the healthy foods you like. Also as mentioned a visual aid is helpful as well. Best of luck!
    Edited to add: Don't get me wrong, I'm normally a total lazy butt!!! Nothing like spending the night on the couch with a couple of glasses of wine, still one of my favorite pastimes. But now I do it after I get home from the gym!
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    joejccva71 wrote: »
    BAM. This.
  • krissyrey
    krissyrey Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the bigger picture. Look for what drives you deep down within. The same thing that drove you to start this journey might no longer be sufficient to sustain you. If your goal/drive was to fit into sexy clothes, bikinis, or for your partner to love you more then you need to search deeper within you. You can probably tell your self that your life depends on it, and that you want to see your kids go off to college or graduate. You also want to prevent any illness associated with obesity. When you look at it from that point of view, and you know that you need to get healthy since your life depends on it, trust me you will find it within you, and keep pushing to reach your goals. All the best!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I dont mean to be disrespectful but there are only so many things you can buy or bribe yourself with to drive you...after 35 years working out...how many clothes, aids....can you use to get yourself to MOVE. its discipline not drive.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    I dont mean to be disrespectful but there are only so many things you can buy or bribe yourself with to drive you...after 35 years working out...how many clothes, aids....can you use to get yourself to MOVE. its discipline not drive.

You would only need one article of clothing. After you've reached goal, every time it starts to get tight, it's time to tighten up the plan.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »

exactly
  • wreckzrainer131
    wreckzrainer131 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I set a lot of small goals that I shoot for and pass. Not always easy but I want to live a different way.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Ambivalence.

I work through it. The real issue I focus on is my health. Obesity is not healthy.

I love being lazy. But it feels good to achieve a goal. Find a motivation, mine is Audible books. I get one every week to listen to during exercise.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I'm a lazy butt too.
  • kdvia
    Options
    Thank you so much for all your replies. I appreciate all your ideas !II :)