Stress fracture?

Options
I am having pain on the top of my left foot, where the middle toe and second toe meet the foot. It hurts to the touch, when I lift those toes up, and even this morning when I was doing lunges and "pushing off with that foot". Could this possibly be a stress fracture? Just icing it and no running this weekend are probably my only options, huh?

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Or go to the dr's.
  • Becky_charles29
    Becky_charles29 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I second going to the Drs...and if it's a stress fracture it'll be a few weekends of no running! I had a very small one and it was 4 weeks before I was running rather than a kind of jog/walk combo! Now I'm back but doing shorter distances
  • shammathews
    shammathews Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I honestly didn't think it was "dr worthy" but I guess I do need to go in and get it checked. I just figured they would say "stay off it" and I could do that myself lol. And 4 weeks seems like a lot of time but you do what you have to do I guess! Thank you.
  • Telsera
    Telsera Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you think it might be one, I would go to the doctor. I stupidly walked around on a stress fracture in my fibula for a month going, "Why does this still hurt? and why is my tiny little stick ankle still so swollen I have a cankle?" and it meant an additional month in a big old boot :neutral: They heal in about 4ish weeks if you treat them right away. Might be worth getting it checked out just to get a brace or boot so you can keep it properly immobilized and still walk around.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I am having pain on the top of my left foot, where the middle toe and second toe meet the foot. It hurts to the touch, when I lift those toes up, and even this morning when I was doing lunges and "pushing off with that foot". Could this possibly be a stress fracture? Just icing it and no running this weekend are probably my only options, huh?

I think the other (smart) option you have is to go see a doctor.
  • qweenovme
    qweenovme Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    In January I fractured my foot and walked on it 2 blocks to my car which caused the injury to worsen. I was non wt. bearing for 8 weeks and finally at 12 weeks was able to wear a shoe instead of a cam boot. I just returned to work this week and working out has been a challenge. I seriously suggest a Dr. visit before it gets worse.