Instructional website for good bodyweight exercises?

Options
I've used push-ups and sit-ups to increase activity during periods of weight loss (in addition to my main exercise of power walking). Staying disciplined to knock them out each day, and then being able to increase reps over time, has been part of sticking to my plan. I'd like to switch to better exercises and hope there is a good website you can recommend with some basic strengthening exercises for my core, and possibly something to replace the push-ups.

Thanks

Replies

• W_Stewart
    W_Stewart Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    anybody? Just looking for a couple good strengthening exercises for the core.

I did some 4-count bodybuilders this morning and can tell my core muscles are real weak.
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com
    You can pic what muscle(s) you want to target and select bodyweight only. It explains the move and has short clips that show proper form. As well as tons of articles on training, supplementation, and nutrition.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com has a ton of bodyweight only workouts. I just did one yesterday!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Start bodyweight. Com
    Strength unbound.com
    Unique bodyweight exercises. Com
    Shot of adrenaline. Com
  • W_Stewart
    W_Stewart Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    perfect, thank you!
  • FrazierSamuel
    FrazierSamuel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I did a 10 week cycle of yayog which was pretty good. For the last couple of weeks I've been using I've been doing fitloop. I prefer doing a harder workout fewer times each week. Both get a thumbs up from me though.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I second YAYOG (You Are Your Own Gym). That one costs a little, as either a book or an app. The app is all you really need.
  • laddriggers
    laddriggers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the YAYOG app ($2.99 in itunes store). Best money I've ever spent on exercise. I'm in the middle of one of the 10 week programs but you can just use it as a reference or use the workout builder if you prefer.
  • buffon001
    buffon001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fitloop.co has an excellent beginner routine with progressions for each exercise as you adapt to them..All excercises have descriptions and video links too..