Stay at home mom who needs some MFP peeps!

Options
NicGaray
NicGaray Posts: 1 Member
Hello Everyone!
My name is Nicole and I am 3 weeks into, what I am just realizing, is going to be a long, hard journey! That's okay though, I can do this, I can do this, I can do this.......
I joined MFP by way of encouragement from a dear friend who has belonged for a few months. I have a couple of sisters and a few friends who joined with me but I need more support. I want more friends to celebrate victories with and to cheer on. Your commitments help me stick to mine, as I spend my day doling out fish crackers and fruit. I wouldn't change my job for any other right now, but it sure be a long day when you don't have anyone over 3 to talk to.
So I'd love to be your friend if you'll have me. Good luck to us all!!
Nicole

Replies

• JLEinGCM
    JLEinGCM Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi Nicole!

I just joined MFP recently, too. I also have a long way to go. Good luck with your journey to a healthier you! :)
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    hi... add me if you like, 37 mom to two great boys and one wonderful husband.. losing my baby weight from 9 years ago and then some.. :)
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Oh my dear friend, you can SO DO THIS.

And now, I shall bestow upon you, many smilies of good luck and awesomeness. LOVE YOU!
    :smile: :happy: :love: :flowerforyou: :glasses: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • prplangl4
    prplangl4 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Come join my weight loss challenge I just started this week - "Battle of the Bulge Summer Slimdown"
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/239075-battle-of-the-bulge-summer-weight-loss-challenge-whose

we're up to over 100 people and we're doing fun stuff, challenges, songs, and tips daily to get everyone repumped and ready to reach their goals!

Read my 1st post then look through the posts for one that has a picture of a lady/guy holding up a rules sign for a quick snapshot of the rules (i think page 6) and join us!!!

I took off 25 lbs my first year (last year) on here and gained back over the holidays and been trying to get motivated again so I started a super weight loss group to keep me motivated - we'll do it for 15 weeks and every 5 weeks see our progress over the month...COMMMEEE ONNNN!!!! The more the merrier!
  • LaShane86
    LaShane86 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I'm 24 and I joined MFP a little over a year ago. I worked at a daycare for over a year, so I know how hard it is to eat right. That was when I gained most of my weight. After being on here over a year and working in school, I've been able to lose over 60 lbs. It's difficult at first, but once you get adjusted to the new life stye it's hard to go back. It will be a rough couple of months, but the light at the end of the tunnel is how great you will feel once it's gone and when you realize all the good you have done for yourself. You will be just fine. Just keep your eye on the prize! :smile:
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole, I'm on the same journey trying to lose the baby weight! Only the 'baby' is now nudging three! You can do this, the support on here is fantastic. Ditto the tools. I find the app invaluable to keeping track when away from computer.