J.M. Ripped in 30 ~ Starting May 16th!

Options
There are few of us that have recently compled Jillian's '30 Day Shred' dvd and are moving on to 'Ripped in 30'. If you would like to tag along, we'd love to have you!

I will post my measurements/weight after completing Level 2 and again at the end. LET'S GET RIPPED!

Replies

• crashta
    crashta Posts: 72
    Options
    Level 1, Day 1 done! Good energy and better variety with Ripped than previous dvds.

Feel free to join in anytime this week!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting again tonight!
  • brittanybark
    Options
    Im going to restart again today too! I quit the first time; didnt have much motivation!!!! Im ready to get RIPPED in 30 =]
  • crystal9999
    crystal9999 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I ordered it today, I'll jump in as soon as it arrives!!!
  • crystal9999
    crystal9999 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I ordered 30 day shred, not ripped in 30.
  • MichelleOgden
    Options
    I'm just about to start Day 1 of Level 1! So excited! :)
  • jennasan
    jennasan Posts: 44
    Options
    I just bought it today and found the thread so I will try it later tonight. Hope I will be able to do it b/c I havent done the 30DS in a week. Thanks for starting it
    Jenn
  • crashta
    Options
    Level 1, Day 2 done! I admit that I am a bit sore today as I haven't done a workout since last week when I finished '30 Day Shred'. Definately loving the variety and pace of 'Ripped in 30'.

Crystal9999 ~ Feel free to post with us once you start... they are both a 30 day dvd and I couldn't do all my workouts in that time as I was out of town twice last month. I completed 22 workouts in 35 days. My goal for 'Ripped' is 30 workouts in (hopefully) 30 days as I don't have as many commitments this month :smile:
  • jennasan
    Options
    Level 1 Day 1 done!! Glad I did the 30Day Shred before this one, WOW some of those moves are killers! but I did it :happy: and sweat feels good again. Still cannot lift both weights on those side lunges so I went back to the moves from 30DS and will start from there. I will post measurement tommorrow. Lets get ripped!
  • ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    Hello! I would like to start posting here, if you ladies don't mind. I am, however, a week ahead of you. I started last Monday. Just got done with Week 1 today. I did it for 7 days, with a rest day thrown in between. I am going to take a break tomorrow (unless I am dying to work out) and then start week 2 day after!

I found Week 1 to be much easier today. I still sweat a lot, but I think I am ready to move on! I won't miss the cardio moves like fast feet and running man. I abhor them completely! :grumble:

Good luck to everyone! I promise it'll get better.
  • crashta
    Options
    Level 1, Day 3 done! I also hate the running man but it should be burning lots of calories so I'll keep up as best I can. All it reminds me of for now is mountain climbers from 30DS but without the shoulder burn.

Also, I am using 5 lb weights for the first 2 strength sets but downgrade to 2 lb weights for the last set --- I find that my arms are big (as in muscular) enough that I would rather tone them more than make them any bigger :wink:
  • jennasan
    Options
    Running man is so much better than those sumo squats from L3 of 30DS. Ugh! I'll do them any day over those!
  • ruhimaach
    Options
    Today is supposed to be my rest day, but I am getting really tempted to work out...haha.
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    I'm currently on day 17 of the 30DS and am considering doing Ripped in 30 next so I'm keen to keep an eye on your thread and see how you are finding RI30. Good luck :-)
  • Shaysuki926
    Shaysuki926 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Started the workout AND the meal plan today. Pretty good so far! I sweat more with this video than P90X!!
  • crashta
    Options
    Level 1, Day 4 complete! Keep it up ladies.... we'll have toned bodies for summer yet!
  • ruhimaach
    Options
    Level 2 day 1 complete. Have mixed feelings about this week...the moves will take some time to be perfected, because of which my calorie burn today was not that high...around 360 calories. I was expecting to burn more than 400. Need to learn how to do those spider crawls and the abs workout in the last circuit properly.
  • crashta
    Options
    Spider crawls? I am scared already, lol!
  • ruhimaach
    Options
    Spider crawls? I am scared already, lol!

I think I did better with those spider crawls and "tabletop" moves. I woke up with a sore back and extremely sore wrists! Week 2 is definitely tough on my wrists. Did D2W2 today! Glad to be another day closer towards the completion.
  • crashta
    Options
    W1, Day 5 done! The running man was easier today than earlier this week ~ I take that as a good sign. Ruhimaach, is it safe to say that Week 2 has more plank exersizes? I was not a fan of mountain climbers in 30DS, plank jacks were ok though.