Starting ripped in 30 TONIGHT- advice? or want to join me?

Options
Hello

I am starting Jillian Michael's "ripped in 30" tonight. Feeling reasonably confident as I have just finished the 30 Day Shred.

Any advice or encouragement for me? Anyone want to join me in starting tonight?

Replies

• lauzb04
    lauzb04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm going to start ripped again this weekend - it's by far my favourite Jillian workout dvd!

How did you find the shred?
  • JoRumbles
    JoRumbles Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I loved the shred. I did it twice over nearly 2 years ago (after my second baby) and that is me just finished it for basically the third time. I STILL can't do a push up though, so I expect I will be following the "easy" version for some of the moves tonight- mainly the arm strength and the abs that get me.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you. Tried to do it this morning, but because I had pratically no water or food yesterday I didn't make it through the warmup. Because it's only 30 mins I will make myself do it after work. Hope to see and feel some good results.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you. I actually did it this morning. I'm thinking about making Friday's my rest day, so that would make me move on Sat and Sun (which I am most lazy on Sundays).
  • JoRumbles
    Options
    Monday will be my rest day as I go straight out after work for choir rehearsals, so can't really fit it in. Looking forward to doing it tonight
  • JoRumbles
    Options
    Level one, day one done!
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have just started adding it to my 30 day shred so that I have a longer workout. I am on day 4 of Ripped in 30. I like how the strength moves switch up quicker than in the shred work outs.
  • JoRumbles
    Options
    Can I ask what size hand weights you are using? I did it with 1.5kg last night but they didn't feel heavy enough (except for the lateral raises, they were a killer). The only heavier ones I have at the moment at 3kg (about 6 and a half pounds) but I am thinking that might be a bit too heavy. I don't have great arm strenghth
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have been using 3 pounds for the raises, and maybe one or two other moves, and I've started using 10 pounders for the rest. They are about right for me for the bicep and tricep exercises, but I think 5-7 pounds would be better for some of the moves. I only the have two options at this point so I just keep them both handy and grab whatever I think I can finish with, and if it feels too easy or too hard then I can switch on the second pass through the exercise. I would just keep everything you've got within reach and switch it up as you need to feel challenged enough. Maybe try your larger weights on the first set wherever you think you can and if it's too hard to finish then switch to the smaller for the second set.
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Sadly, I got rid of my small set of free weights that ranged from 2-7lbs which was great for some moves. Now I only have 10lb set. So, I've been using my bands for most and trust me, I still feel it during the workout as well as afterwards. I have a red once which I believe has a lot of resistence. The first time, I was a little behind because I had to position my band a little, but now since I know the order, I'm practically on track at the same time they pick up their weights.

This morning, Level 1 Day 2 completed. :smiley:
  • JoRumbles
    Options
    Just done level one day 2 as well! I managed with my 3kg weights for all the exercises except the ones in the last circuit, so that was pretty good.
  • teetee1281
    Options
    This afternoon will be my last workout under level 1. Yesterday, I fudged the cardio portions a little, but ran 1.5 miles immediately after finishing the workout. This morning was a required Navy PT session, so this afternoon I plan workout. Though I may attend "bootcamp" at the Y then hit up JM afterwards.
  • hnyzthms
    hnyzthms Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you all. And will start tomo. I will only be doing it on my days off work as I work 12 hr shifts on my feet. But I will be running and Rin30 3 * a week.

Can anyone tell is ripped in 30 more gentle on knees than 30DS? I suffer with my knees terrible with squatting and lunges and jumping x
  • justinenh
    justinenh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hnyzthms wrote: »
    I would love to join you all. And will start tomo. I will only be doing it on my days off work as I work 12 hr shifts on my feet. But I will be running and Rin30 3 * a week.

Can anyone tell is ripped in 30 more gentle on knees than 30DS? I suffer with my knees terrible with squatting and lunges and jumping x

I'd like to know what people think about the knees also - I've returned some JM workouts because they were so heavy with the lunges & squats. Even with doing fewer reps to be sure my form was correct, I still ended up with knee strain.
  • JoRumbles
    Options
    There are plenty squats, lunges and jumps

I have just done my first level 2 workout and found some of the moves near-impossible. Crow push-ups? WTF? Enjoying it in a peverse way though
  • teetee1281
    Options
    Today was my first day off level two. Modified crow pushup are even a workout! The lunge with row is interesting as well, my weights are too heavy for me, I'm kinda bummed about that.
  • Melik1682
    Melik1682 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just did it tonite for the first time!! And its bad when u realize how out of shape u are !! But gotta start somewhere!!!! Now le5s see if i can sit onnthe toilet tomm! Lol
  • JoRumbles
    Options
    Ha ha- yeah those squats are a killer for sitting on the toilet the next day! Thankfully I am past that stage now and can walk and sit normally