Stuck

Options
Hi y'all. I am here basically to have something in my face everyday helping me along. Single mom of two kids with not a lot of options (not any actually) for help with watching the kids so I have a chance to get out and work out. My kids are both super picky with eating problems so the food in the house is not always that great. I honestly don't need to loose much weight (130 lbs and 5'6 looking to be around 120) buy more so looking to tone. However I see my weight slowly creeping up with the calorie filled stuff my kids eat (they both are under weight, picky, with allergies) sooo any suggestions as to food or exercises that I can do in my home are greatly appreciated. I currently do..

100 crunches
100 sit ups
20-20Sec planks
10 min vigorous jumping jacks
120 squats increasing 20 every other day
And 45 minutes casual walking around town with the kids, when it is warm enough.
1380 calorie a day diet although it is usually around 1100.

Replies

• bself0128
    bself0128 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'd say you're doing pretty well considering your schedule and being a mom!
  • lloftus723
    lloftus723 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bself0128 wrote: »
    I'd say you're doing pretty well considering your schedule and being a mom!

Thank you! That is not all at once. I split in half. The first half of the day is half and then second half after noon. My kids enjoy jumping around and crawling on the floor with me lol so if its something I can do here its not hard to find time. Its more motivation for me. But thanks again! Do you think thats enough?

• FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Check out fitness blender on youtube. They have a ton of no equipment workouts that are awesome. Also zuzka light is great as well. You're going to get burnt out on the workout you're doing. The Youtube channels I referenced use tons of different bodyweight exercises. Also, you need to eat more than 1100 calories especially since you're working out. You might lose quicker, but you will not sustain this diet and end up gaining it back. Lose weight on a reasonable deficit and you'll be able to keep it off.
  • lloftus723
    Options
    Check out fitness blender on youtube. They have a ton of no equipment workouts that are awesome. Also zuzka light is great as well. You're going to get burnt out on the workout you're doing. The Youtube channels I referenced use tons of different bodyweight exercises. Also, you need to eat more than 1100 calories especially since you're working out. You might lose quicker, but you will not sustain this diet and end up gaining it back. Lose weight on a reasonable deficit and you'll be able to keep it off.

What do you mean by burnt out? The calories I'm eating are actually more than I usually consume. I have a hard time changing that. Will that affect my toning? I feel like what I have been doing the last few days is obtainable for a long period of time, just curious if it will actually work. I am just kind of stuck.
  • crawfzilla
    crawfzilla Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    If your stuck that means you've fallen victim to routine. Which isnt a bad thing because routine means consistency which is half the battle.

What I started doing is taking meals I usually eat, then looking for a healthier alternative recepies for the same meal on allrecepies.com.

As for the kids same thing, maybe replace fruit gushes with fruit to go or welches
    welches. Chips with trailmix or whatevers clever.

Hope that helps!
  • lloftus723
    Options
    crawfzilla wrote: »
    If your stuck that means you've fallen victim to routine. Which isnt a bad thing because routine means consistency which is half the battle.

What I started doing is taking meals I usually eat, then looking for a healthier alternative recepies for the same meal on allrecepies.com.

As for the kids same thing, maybe replace fruit gushes with fruit to go or welches
    welches. Chips with trailmix or whatevers clever.

Hope that helps!

Verrryyy routine!!! So that makes total sense. I had not thought about that. Thank you!

• FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    lloftus723 wrote: »

What do you mean by burnt out? The calories I'm eating are actually more than I usually consume. I have a hard time changing that. Will that affect my toning? I feel like what I have been doing the last few days is obtainable for a long period of time, just curious if it will actually work. I am just kind of stuck.

By burnt out I just mean, how are you going to keep doing those workouts? You're going to add 20 squats until every other day getting up to how many reps? 500? 600? Honestly, there are better workouts for free on the internet that you can change up the muscle groups you're working. Also, if you're eating less than 1100 calories on a consistent basis then you wouldn't be gaining weight. I'd really suggest calculating your TDEE and eating 20% less than that. I'm about your height/weight and I lose on like 1650 calories.