Losing weight everywhere else but thighs?

Options
Like the title of my post says..but how is this happening/why? I am losing weight in my stomach, my waist is starting to cinch in, my boobs are getting smaller, ugh, but my thighs seem to keep staying the same. Yea my legs looks slimmer, but my upper thighs have barely lost an inch. I have been pretty careful and not sliding into old habits of over eating. I bought a scale, I measure my food, I wear a HRM to track my calories burned. Anyone have any suggestions? I am working out every day of the week, except weekends but I stay active. I am getting frustrated.

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world.

I am doing step ups which seems to help my upper thighs, but its a slow process. I use 12 lbs in each hand - 12-15 reps on each leg.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    You're doing everything right. The body loses fat in different areas at different times. You can't control it (no spot reduction). You will eventually lose size in your thighs, just have to be patient. FWIW, my thighs are one of the last places I lose as well. I eventually lost 10 inches on them after a 60 pound weight loss.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    You're a woman, we're supposed to have fat there (child bearing and all that).... You'll find the fat will come off there last, keep it up!
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    brandiuntz wrote: »
    You're doing everything right. The body loses fat in different areas at different times. You can't control it (no spot reduction). You will eventually lose size in your thighs, just have to be patient.

^ this. Mine is my muffin top area. I gain weight there first and lose it last. Just stick with it!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that you've lost fat but gained muscle? There are some big muscles in there. Sounds like you're doing everything right. Do you do full-body exercises? I tend to have big thighs but I've been trying to increase strength in my upper body to balance myself out. I used to just run but think I look better now that I'm not forgetting about my top half :)
  • tcxyz2011
    tcxyz2011 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I do HIIT and boxing along with Barre and Yoga. However Barre and Yoga I do not necessarily burn a ton of calories. For the record, I am 149lbs and my hips measure at '42 inches, that is fairly large for someone who is 149 and 5'6. I do have naturally wide hips but this access fat on them is bothering me.