What is your favorite protein??

Options
Hey guys!! I was just wondering, what is your favorite protein?? Brand and flavor! What is your least favorite?? Just curious, and wanting to try new protein shakes! Thanks :)

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Cod fish....but to supplement my intake I use Optimum Nutrition Whey Isolate in chocolate.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Tofu! But I supplement with a soy based protein powder, I wouldn't get nearly enough in my diet if I didn't.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Tofu

Vegaone chocolate for a powder
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Steak. :heart:

Or chicken. I only use my protein shakes on mornings where my blood sugar is too high to have my normal breakfast, and I have to quickly eat something low-carb.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Shellfish. I don't drink protein shakes.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    OP is clearly talking about protein powder, not a protein source in general.

I've tried a lot of protein powders. A lot. I'm a Cellucor girl for sure. I love the Mint Chocolate Chip best, but Cookies & Cream, Corfetti Cake Batter, and Cinnamon Swirl are also great.

Trutein has some decent flavors - my favorites are Mocha Caramel and Lemon Meringue. Musclepharm Combat Powder in Cookies & Cream is absolutely AMAZING. The others I've tried were all just vanilla, but my some good ones in that flavor were Syntha-6 (if you can afford the macros), MRM (if you want a natural product), and Dymatize ISO-100.

My least favorite was the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard in Extreme Milk Chocolate. It's one of their most popular flavors and it's what my husband uses, but I think it tastes like absolute crap. If you add Nesquik powder, it's better, but I don't want to have to add Nesquik to my protein shakes in order for them to taste good.

I've tried two of the most popular strawberry protein shakes (Whey HD and Syntha-6) and they both taste like Pepto Bismol. In other words, stay far away from strawberry protein powders. These were probably worse than the Gold Standard one. Yeah, definitely worse, especially the HD.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Chicken flavored chicken breasts.
  • TheJobCannon
    TheJobCannon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars. They're bloody delicious.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    OP is clearly talking about protein powder, not a protein source in general.

at-first-I-lold.gif
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Kaizen Vanilla Ice Cream flavour
  • blabrecque_xo
    blabrecque_xo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm not really picky on which brand I use, but I prefer chocolate over all other flavors!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I love beans

protein + fiber
  • sonyamorgan
    sonyamorgan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars (PB or Vanilla Almond Crunch) and Quest protein powder (Vanilla Milkshake flavor)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Second vote for steak. AAA. Seared good.
    The powder; meh. Whatever's on sale.
    500-964829-894__1.jpg
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Chicken flavored chicken breasts.

Yum, that's my favourite flavour of chicken!

Grilled Ahi tuna is probably my favourite. Or sockeye salmon, any method. Or Greek roast lamb shoulder.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Trutein Cinnabun protein powder, Quest Lemon Cream Pie bars
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Steak or Chicken breast.

If I must use a powder then ON Extreme Milk Chocolate
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Salmon. Trout. Sometimes halibut or skatewing. Hard to say.

I like steak too, and lamb, and could go on.

My current protein powder of choice is the Biochem vanilla, which tastes good in oatmeal with some berries, but really just try some and see what you like.
  • brudolph
    brudolph Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Obviously everyone has different tastes. You're just going to have to try several and find one you like.

Me personally I use Muscletech Whey Protein+. Yes it's the 5lb bag from Sam's. I have tried the expensive brands from the local fitness shop and hated them. Plus they did not settle well with my stomach. I also like the flavor of Pure Protein brand. I'm not sure about you but I have never tasted a chocolate protein powder I like. I always stick with vanilla even though I am not a vanilla fanatic. Oh and I do not like the flavor of GNC powders.