Rollercoaster Weight Management in ATL

Options
After losing weight, gaining it back, losing weight and gaining a substantial amount back all within 2 years; it's time for something that's tried and true. Understanding and learning what I'm eating and why it matters to my mind, body, and soul. Using this platform to support my new lifestyle and hoping others feel the same. Especially knowing how hard it is to eat healthy in the "Tasty Fried South"!

Replies

• fatboy1der
    Options
    yeah thats truly the only issue with the south, lots of fresh air and space to run around in, but the food is just so damn good LMAO
  • freshmanlibby
    freshmanlibby Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The weekends are my worst enemy, especially now that Atlanta is becoming more and more of a foodie city!
  • fatboy1der
    Options
    I mean you can eat out, you just have to make it about rewarding yourself for working hard to shed the weight during the week
  • MamaJ1974
    MamaJ1974 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Understanding and learning what I'm eating and why it matters to my mind, body, and soul.

Exactly this! Please add me if you're looking for a fellow traveler on this journey.

• melanietx504
    Options
    I tell ya what, I have been on that same exact roller coaster my entire adult life, and the only thing that EVER worked and lasted for me was being aware of and honest about the food I eat. You definitely have the right attitude, you can do it!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    There are so many wonderful farmer's markets and healthier places to eat. I can't think of many places my husband and I have gone that don't have healthy options and/or where we can't ask them to make a menu item without something (no cheese in an omelet or replace brown rice with white, etc.). In fact, off the top of my head, the only places we've found that we don't want to eat because there are too few healthy choices are chains like Olive Garden or, believe it or not, Waffle House. But if you're hard pressed to find a good meal, you're welcome to come by our house. Tomorrow we're doing a pork tenderloin with apples, a side salad, etc. Wednesday we're taking some of the leftover pork and serving it on a salad with tossed with a vinaigrette and berries (strawberry, raspberries and blue berries). Then Thursday we're having an Indian spiced chicken thighs served over a cauliflower "rice."

Can you tell we love to cook and take full advantage of all the amazing fresh food that's available?
  • ricsin1
    ricsin1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    true indeed.... i can track my calories mon-thurs........ then friday/saturday/sun comes and I jacked myself up! lol
  • celson98
    celson98 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree and feel the same. Weekends are tough, but I try to earn my cheat days.