Liquid diet for a week?

Options
been on 1500 calorie diet. And hitting gym 5 days s week since January. Ive hit a plateau need to lose 5 more pounds. Thinking of liquid for a week with vitamins and protien?

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Liquid as in water, or liquid as in protein shakes?
  • aglassmn36
    aglassmn36 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Meal replacement. And protien
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at the same weight? If it has been less than 6 weeks, I would suggest that you keep going with your current plan. Otherwise, you can consider having the same overall weekly calorie goal but having some days be higher and others lower--sometimes this will encourage your body to get out of a plateau. Also change up your workouts. I would do all of this before considering a liquid diet--you will likely put that weight back on if you lose it unless your goal is a short term loss. If you want those five pounds gone for a special event in a couple weeks, it will likely work just fine.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    1500 cals of liquid OR
    1500 cals of food

Can someone explain the logic of why one would work better than the other?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    No, you need to eat more calories. Raise your intake to 1800 a day, give it another two weeks and reevaluate. Eat real food instead of liquid.
  • aglassmn36
    aglassmn36 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the help!
  • mlake850
    mlake850 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    1500 cals of liquid OR
    1500 cals of food

• mlake850
    mlake850 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mlake850 wrote: »
    1500 cals of liquid OR
    1500 cals of food

You won't hit 1500 calories of liquid. I just came off a 21 day water and clear juice fast. I lost 17 lbs. during the fast. It has been 7 days since breaking the fast and I have gained 2 lbs. back. Fasting accomplishes cleansing of your system and healing of your body. Weight loss is an added benefit but in reality your body's metabolism slows down so you have to be extremely careful of what and how much you eat after coming off a fast. I don't recommend just jumping into liquid diet, you have to prepare your body at least two weeks in advance to be successful in maintaining a liquid diet for any amount of time. Hope this helps.
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I once put a Totinos pizza in the vita-mix with some tomato soup so I could suck it through a straw. My kind of liquid diet.
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1500 cals of liquid OR
    1500 cals of food

You won't hit 1500 calories of liquid. I just came off a 21 day water and clear juice fast. I lost 17 lbs. during the fast. It has been 7 days since breaking the fast and I have gained 2 lbs. back. Fasting accomplishes cleansing of your system and healing of your body. Weight loss is an added benefit but in reality your body's metabolism slows down so you have to be extremely careful of what and how much you eat after coming off a fast. I don't recommend just jumping into liquid diet, you have to prepare your body at least two weeks in advance to be successful in maintaining a liquid diet for any amount of time. Hope this helps.

OMG why??????
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    1500 cals of liquid OR
    1500 cals of food

OMG why??????

This and there is no reason why you can't hit 1500 calories or even more with a liquid diet. You can juice or make shakes with lots of foods that are calorie dense. But I echo, why 1500 calories of liquid instead of food?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    1500 cals of liquid OR
    1500 cals of food

OMG why??????

Because instead of taking the "lifestyle change" route, people take the quick route. And then they like to add in the "it cleansed and healed my body" speech to make people think it was a "healthy" idea.

The reason why it "cleansed" her is because all that fat and muscle escaped through her colon so she spent alot of time in the bathroom.

She was pretty lucky to only gain 2lbs back after she was "done". I'm also surprised it didn't give her any issues being she's 50 years old.