Breakfast help

Options
I know they say breakfast is the most important t meal of the day but I am really just not a breakfast person. I can't seem to make myself eat in the mornings. Has anyone else had this problem?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to eat in the mornings, don't eat in the mornings.

It doesn't really matter when you eat. Your best bet is to eat at the times that you want to eat.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    If you're not into breakfast, skip it and save your calories for meals you'll enjoy.

• Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I don't see it as a problem at all! I believe recent research has show "they" are wrong: eating breakfast isn't necessary for weight loss or health. I break my fast between 12:00-14:00, depending on when I get hungry. Eating earlier than that just doesn't agree with me.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten breakfast since I was little. If I eat breakfast, I get hungry around 10:00. Skipping breakfast hasn't affected my health or my ability to do anything.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    lea_bri wrote: »
    I know they say breakfast is the most important t meal of the day but I am really just not a breakfast person. I can't seem to make myself eat in the mornings. Has anyone else had this problem?

You know who says that? Kelloggs and General Mills.

If you can't or don't want to eat in the morning, don't. Meal timing has no effect on weight loss.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Snickers ice cream bars are a great breakfast meal.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I always either skip or eat a light breakfast. I would rather save the calories up for dinner because I can't sleep if I'm hungry.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I don't eat in the morning. I prefer coffee first thing and an early lunch. Occasionally we go out for breakfast, and that's about the only time I like it. I usually get the french toast :wink:
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I used to force myself to eat breakfast every time I started a "diet". I always failed. Now I don't eat until late afternoon. Thank God for My Fitness Pal and the forums. I read about Intermittent fasting, and I've lost almost 20 pounds in 4 months, I've never been happier restricting calories.
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Eat breakfast when you get hungry. Doesnt matter if its at 5am or 10am or even 11 or later, eat when you get hungry. Breakfast isnt necessarily a morning meal.
    breakfast - Literally means "breaking the fast"—of the night, as it is the first meal after sleeping.
    It doesnt have a specific time.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Eat breakfast when you get hungry. Doesnt matter if its at 5am or 10am or even 11 or later, eat when you get hungry. Breakfast isnt necessarily a morning meal.
    breakfast - Literally means "breaking the fast"—of the night, as it is the first meal after sleeping.
    It doesnt have a specific time.

Exactly!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of breakfast. Diabetics can't skip it. The National Weight Control Registry found that successful dieters regularly eat breakfast. Maybe because it is a keystone habit.

http://www.nwcr.ws