New to this..

Options
Hello! My name is Kayla. I created this account a few months ago but never used it. I need to lose about 68 pounds, I don't have a date as to when I want it all gone I just need it gone. I'm wanting to lose weight for health reasons, a lot of issues run in my family and I need to prevent it the best I can. I'm having a hard time getting motivated any tips on motivation would be nice and appreciated. I guess were all here for the same thing, good luck to everyone.

Replies

• blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i love using MFP, it keeps me on check. you will lose the 68 lbs in no time! feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • gisselleex
    gisselleex Posts: 2
    Options
    goodluck! you can do it -- if it's what you truely wish to accomplish. Make it a goal and dont lose focus.
  • TearsoftheMushroom
    Options
    Hi Kayla, good luck when you get going - for a bit motivation what about a picture of something you would really like to wear if you were 68 pounds down or something you will buy yourself stuck on the fridge. You could have a few for each 7lb to keep you motivated.

Gillian
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    Hi Kayla, good luck when you get going - for a bit motivation what about a picture of something you would really like to wear if you were 68 pounds down or something you will buy yourself stuck on the fridge. You could have a few for each 7lb to keep you motivated.

Gillian

I like that idea!

Kayla,
    I try to have a daily positive thought or motivation to keep me in a good frame of mind. I am a stress eater so I hope the happier I am the less I will reach for the chocolate...

Oh, a good support network is definately helpful, especially when you need a good kick in the pants! You are welcome to friend me.

Mary
  • djamador
    djamador Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Kayla and welcome! You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • khulbert2421
    Options
    Do you have a workout buddy? That helps me stay motivated! If not, look up the classes that are offered at your local gym. I found it fun going to different classes everyday (so I don't get bored) and also you will meet people in class, then feel somewhat committed to going to class! As for the diet, I don't have any tips for you! I am new to this as well, and have about the same amount to lose! Just stick with it and it will happen!
  • KaylaKilgore
    KaylaKilgore Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Gillian

Thank you. That's very good advice :) I've done this and it has me very excited. Thank you again!
  • KaylaKilgore
    Options
    Do you have a workout buddy? That helps me stay motivated! If not, look up the classes that are offered at your local gym. I found it fun going to different classes everyday (so I don't get bored) and also you will meet people in class, then feel somewhat committed to going to class! As for the diet, I don't have any tips for you! I am new to this as well, and have about the same amount to lose! Just stick with it and it will happen!

I have a part-time workout buddy. My boyfriend is also wanting to lose weight so we work-out together from time to time. He works 3rd shift and is always on his feet so he's not always up for it but he pushes me the best he can. The gym isn't for me because I'm so self concious with my body it feels like everyone is looking at me which it's all in my bed but it's bothersome. But thanks for your advice! =)
  • KaylaKilgore
    Options

Gillian

I like that idea!

Kayla,

I try to have a daily positive thought or motivation to keep me in a good frame of mind. I am a stress eater so I hope the happier I am the less I will reach for the chocolate...

Oh, a good support network is definately helpful, especially when you need a good kick in the pants! You are welcome to friend me.

Mary

I am also a stress eater...and even being 19 years old I have a ton of stress. I'm like a stress freak even over little things. Staying away from food when I'm upset or stressed is going to be the tough part. As you stated with this network, I think I can do it. So far everyone is so friendly, going through the same thing and is definitely encouraging to one another. Thank you for your response.
  • KaylaKilgore
    Options
    Thanks to all who has posted. If anyone would like you can add me, I'm new to this as I already said and you can never have too many motivational friends.
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is such a helpful site to get advice and motivation! Feel free to add me! =)
  • havi7
    havi7 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome to the site! I've found that helping motivate and support others in their health and fitness goals has helped me to stay on track with mine. So feel free to add me if you're looking for support.

If you'd like to read about my journey check out my blog at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/havi7/view/eating-healthy-and-getting-fit-are-saving-my-life-91461

Take care and good luck,
    Bill