Losing Weight For Cosplay

Options
Anyone else?

Replies

• xxConnie16
    xxConnie16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not cosplaying, but I do have a Doctor Who Dalek dress I'd love to look bangin' in! I bought it last year and I only looked a little pudgy in it, after gaining 48 pounds last year, It'd prob either not fit, or I'd look like a boulder in it lol.
  • SoulEaterOtaku
    SoulEaterOtaku Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Really? Just me? It's fun, guys.
  • xxConnie16
    xxConnie16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well for Halloween last year I did wear that dress and the Dalek headband. Lol. I'd cosplay if I had places to go! Limited opportunity in West Virginia.
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I don't cosplay, but I do costume...and yes, absolutely. I have a corset waiting for me! :smile:
  • vcollinsperez
    vcollinsperez Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well I'm going to Comic-Con San Diego this July and although I have not thought about cosplaying, I would definitely after I lose some weight!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight for me, but I'm hoping that will be one of the side benefits. :smile:
  • WillowThorn
    WillowThorn Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ugh my weight was one of the things keeping me from cosplaying (that, and my skills as a seamstress are somewhat lacking). I don't really go to cons anymore, but maybe I can throw something together for Halloween!

I have so much respect for heavier people cosplaying or costuming as skinny characters though. Seriously, props to you, you're braver than I am.
  • viciouslitany
    viciouslitany Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight with a convention as one of my goal points - looking to be down another 20 pounds by 9 july. C:
  • SoulEaterOtaku
    Options
    Well I'm going to Comic-Con San Diego this July and although I have not thought about cosplaying, I would definitely after I lose some weight!

I've always wanted to go to ComicCon, but it's so expensive. For some reason, Anime Expo is far cheaper. ):
  • SoulEaterOtaku
    Options
    xxConnie16 wrote: »
    Not cosplaying, but I do have a Doctor Who Dalek dress I'd love to look bangin' in! I bought it last year and I only looked a little pudgy in it, after gaining 48 pounds last year, It'd prob either not fit, or I'd look like a boulder in it lol.
    I know the feels

• SoulEaterOtaku
    Options
    xxConnie16 wrote: »
    This app didn't notify me of a reply x.x Sorry about that.
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm in the same boat. Got my first con of the season May 24 weekend. Trying to work on toning my arms since all of mine are shoulderless costumes ><
  • ginny92802
    ginny92802 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I live in Anaheim and WonderCon is here this weekend. I don't cosplay but I have to admit I enjoy seeing all the costumes walking along Harbor Blvd. this weekend.
  • Camilleathome
    Camilleathome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am a big cosplayer but I am not losing weight for cosplay, losing it for my health. My weight will never stop me from getting into costume and going out and having fun :). I'm always looking for geeky friends on here if you want to add me :). I'm currently working on a hulk evening gown concept for Hal-con 2015
  • Scheri
    Scheri Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to! It's honestly the only thing still motivating me. I'd love to be able to cosplay
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It's definitely on my list. This time next year I want to cosplay Aeryn Sun. It's not a driving force, but it's definitely a perk I'm looking forward to.