10 pounds a month

Options
I don't have very much to lose, maybe 25 pounds if that, but I'd like it to be gone by about July. Has anyone been successful at losing 10/month without much to lose?

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    10lbs a month is tough if you're already at a somewhat comfortable weight. If you're just trying to get thinner and don't mind losing a bit of muscle then I assume it's possible. If you're trying to make it mostly fat, it's probably not going to happen.

Of course I don't know your stats. Any idea what your current bodyfat% is?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Probably not going to happen if you want to go about it in a healthy way.
  • jmourbina
    jmourbina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ive been at it for just over 2 months and have lost 18 pounds. Starting weight was 153, current weight 135, goal weight 130. I stuck with a 12-1300 calorie diet and did not eat back my exercise calories.
  • SecretGift
    SecretGift Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    joejccva71 wrote: »
    10lbs a month is tough if you're already at a somewhat comfortable weight. If you're just trying to get thinner and don't mind losing a bit of muscle then I assume it's possible. If you're trying to make it mostly fat, it's probably not going to happen.

My body fat % is about 30 (female)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I actually lost about 10 pounds a month for three months before my son's wedding (at first I wrote weeding, which is probably more correct, hah!) I was vicious. I hardly ate anything but hard boiled eggs and hard boiled eggs. I walked four miles a day, did an hour on my stationery bicycle, and did weights while watching television. I got down to 120 pounds from 150, then immediately gained it all back. Worse, my son's wife hates me and has convinced my son to do the same. Go figure.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Depending on your stats I am going to say you could probably do it by the end of July. Is the 25 to get you to a healthy weight or did you just want to lose some weight and think 25 is about right?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    SecretGift wrote: »
    joejccva71 wrote: »

My body fat % is about 30 (female)

You could probably get close to it dieting normally. 1200 cals a day. Track your calories. Eat about 70g of protein a day (based on your current weight). Train well to minimize as much muscle loss as possible and you could get it done. With keto you definitely could do it, but meh...I don't recommend it.

If you stall or "plateau" (i hate that word honestly) then raise calories little by little. Go to 1300 and reevaluate. The issue is being on a "time limit" which is a bad recipe for weight loss, but I understand some people want to try to get as fit as possible before an event or something.