It's just time. 5'4 and unhealthy.

Options
In-short:
Mid twenties. 5'4. Need to lose 50lbs.
Looking to fill my feed with new friends and motivators! Add me! (Especially if you're a similar build, so we can walk this out together)!!

More:
I'm in my mid-twenties and when I got married 5 years ago, I weighed 135lbs. I wasn't toned or "living a healthy lifestyle" but I would have been labeled "small". My, my, how quickly things can change, (including your body). During our engagement and into our marriage, I spent 5 years working at a restaurant, working (not all, but many days) from 11a-10. Eating a fast food breakfast (if anything at all) a quick lunch, usually pasta) and by the time I was done, the only thing open was fast food. And after a short time I met 145, and then the 150s and beyond. I knew it wasn't good, but where was the time to workout... Cause I sure couldn't find it. There were many excited declarations of "A NEW AND HEALTHY ME", followed by pizza and beer with friends at 9pm. Because, let's be honest, that's way more fun. It wasn't until I hit 180 that I really just felt the weight (pun a little intended) of this unhealthy life style. Aching back and knees, restless nights, even my poor husband is suffering due to my snoring. So here I am, sharing my story and looking for people to hang out with along the journey!

Replies

• jennygirard1086
    jennygirard1086 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jenny I'm 28 I'm 5'7 193 now but still have a long journey ahead! Similar situation here with work, college and a husband with an appetite! I've lost about 28 pounds since I've started and this app has really helped! I'd really like youto be apart of my support system and I yours! I'll add you!
  • nerdydeeneen
    nerdydeeneen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm courtney..am in my late twenties and had my first baby 8 months ago. I'm 5'4 and a 150 lbs. I walk daily but my eating habits are kind of bad. I just started using the app couch to 5k app to start my weight loss journey. I'm looking for people to help though this journey..please feel free to add me.
  • brihudgins
    brihudgins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    28lbs!! That's amazing!! Congrats!!
  • brihudgins
    brihudgins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nerdydeeneen: congrats on your new baby!! Yes. Let's be friends, the journey is long and- often times not that fun- so the more motivating friends, the better!!
  • metalmaiden17
    metalmaiden17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Also 5'4" here, and same sort of thing. I was "small" but not healthy, then kinda slowly ballooned up to 185 at my heaviest. Now around 163. When I started on MFP I was 175ish. I've been setting small goals for myself, and it's been going good! My next goal is to get to 150 by July. Add me, and we can help each other out :)
  • in_it_to_thin_it
    in_it_to_thin_it Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'2 and 193 lb, I too used to be about 130lb, but that was when I was about 20, now I'm 28, mother to 2 lovely little men and find myself eating more pic a mix than salad!

I've been doing this for just over a week so far and 3lbs down, 60 to go ;)
    Would be great to have more to see on my newsreel to keep me coming back!